New Open Dental Plugin Released

For users or potential users.
drtech

New Open Dental Plugin Released

Post by drtech » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:01 pm

For those of you wishing to try out version 7.3 in beta stage or for when it is released, I just updated my plugin to work with the new version. I also fixed a bug where certain statements with payment plans were not giving an accurate breakdown of the patients account in the middle section. Seems to work great now.

If anyone has trouble with patients and even your own staff when you use payment plans, this will really help you. Check it out here:
http://www.smilecouple.org/2010/04/27/o ... ns-clearer

The other helpful feature is you can see and add/edit your outgoing referrals right from the chart module to keep track of where you patients have been. Jordan recently added the custom patient fields below the tooth chart and this will be a great addition and complement to this referral add on. Try it, add some "out" referrals with a note or two and see how nice it is!

One of my favorite "NEW" features is you can choose to see the entire Progress Notes in the account by enabling a custom feature I added for my office years ago. This allows you to see the patient's appointments right from the account when checking patients out. (be sure to set you colors for backgrounds of future appointments (Setup | Definitions) to light green or some similar color you like that you can easily see. I use light green as it indicates for my staff they are "good to go" with the patient and already have a future appointment scheduled. For the time being this will enable a few other custom features for my office that will probably not apply to you, but it should not bother you. (I just haven't had time to remove then all individually and re-incorporate this into the plugin one by one yet)

I added the ability for you to pick and choose from the different features I have included to fit your preferences.

You can also find the versions to use for OpenDental 7.0 , 7.1, & 7.2 by going to my page about it: http://www.smilecouple.org/2010/04/27/o ... ns-clearer You will also find more descriptions on the functions of the plugin there.

Check it out, give it a try and let me know what you think or how I can make it better!
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Smilesbypayet

Re: New Open Dental Plugin Released

Post by Smilesbypayet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:22 am

Hey -- just wondering if anyone is using this plugin? If so, how well does it work? My OM is kind of frustrated with some aspects of the current payment plan function, and we're looking for options.

Thanks!

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:06 am

I am the only one I know of that is using it since no one has posted anything about it, but I use it everyday and it does make the payment plans much easier to see on statements and in the account in my opinion...but then again I am biased because I created it! :p
David Fuchs

Smilesbypayet

Post by Smilesbypayet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:29 am

Well, fair enough! It does look like something we're going to try, so I will let you know how we like it. Sound good to you?

Smilesbypayet

Post by Smilesbypayet » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:32 am

BTW -- is this the version that we need to download, as we are on OD version 7.4.120?

PluginDrTECH(v1.1.1.0)_OD73)

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 pm

i actually never tested it in V 7.4...i skipped from 7.3 to 7.5, but yes if it works, that is the version you need. It will not harm anything if it doesn't work. (my plugin does not alter the database, just alters how it is used and displayed). You will know if it doesn't work with 7.4 if you get an unhandled exception when going to the account. If it works fine, then you are good to go.
David Fuchs

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:37 pm

so i install this only on the computers i want to see this on correct? and the last time i installed one of your plug ins it was a little quirky when i did updates. has this been solved?

drtech

Post by drtech » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:01 pm

plugins are a system wide setting.....but, I think if you only want it on certain computers, then only copy the dll to the OD folder on those computers and the ones without the dll will gracefully ignore the setting for the plugin and work in a standard mode. I always have it on all computers though....

Updates have thus far been a bit of a headache on point version changes. Since I first started this plugin, on every Beta test, I find the core Open Dental code related to insurance has changed almost every time and that breaks my plugin. This requires me (and anyone using it) to update it at every point upgrade. (ie, 7.2, 7.3, 7.5, 7.6) The good news is that I will always continue to use this as far as I can tell, so by the time a beta is a week or two into production you should be safe to upgrade and certainly by the time the production version is released. You just need to check my site each time for update and wait upgrade until I have a version posted for the version you want to upgrade to. All bug fix updates work flawlessly every time because no major core code changes. So when you go to update from 7.5.9 to 7.5.10, etc.. there is no need to check if the plugin will work or not, it will work fine.

If Smilesbypayet could let me know if plugin version if 1.1.1.0 works or not with version 7.4 (which I never used) I will update the website to reflect that status.
David Fuchs

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:57 pm

This is a very useful plugin. I hope Jordan incorporates it in the regular program someday.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:34 am

We may add features some day that are similar to the features in an existing plugin, but we will never "incorporate" a plugin. It would be just as easy to write from scratch as to figure out what someone else did. That's the whole reason we built the plugin framework, so that people can go off in their own direction if they wish. One issue we still haven't quite resolved is how to handle support for people using plugins. There might be a bug in a plugin, so our staff needs to learn to recognize the various plugins and we need to learn how to disable them temporarily for troubleshooting.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:49 am

Can a Plugin damage the database files? This one seems rather inert only summing the payment plan numbers and displaying them differently.

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:35 pm

A plugin could damage the database if someone made it incorrectly, but mine does not change the database at all.
David Fuchs

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Right. Whoever supplies the plugin should be a "trusted" developer. They should be able to tell you what it does or doesn't do. We do not put any restrictions on what the plugins can do.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Smilesbypayet

Post by Smilesbypayet » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:23 pm

drtech wrote:plugins are a system wide setting.....but, I think if you only want it on certain computers, then only copy the dll to the OD folder on those computers and the ones without the dll will gracefully ignore the setting for the plugin and work in a standard mode. I always have it on all computers though....

If Smilesbypayet could let me know if plugin version if 1.1.1.0 works or not with version 7.4 (which I never used) I will update the website to reflect that status.
Sorry I can't help, as I just upgraded to the newest 7.5 version. I am about to download/install the plugin for that, though.

drtech

Post by drtech » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:16 pm

I seem to be seeing a bug in the statements now where they return address is jumbled. I have not looked to verify if this is related to my plugin or what it is. Anyone else see this when printing? v 7.5.21
David Fuchs

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:02 am

The return address is no printing at all on our statements. We are using v 7.5.23 and the payment plan plugin. Is this happening to everyone or just the Plugin users?

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:24 am

I think there is a bug somewhere between some 7.5 versions and my plugin where the return address was not right. It works fine now in 7.7. Just upgrade OD, install the new release of the plug-in [url]ttp://www.smilecouple.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... H-OD77.zip[/url] and let me know...I think that should solve your problem.
David Fuchs

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:43 pm

David,

Have you tried out the plugin for Version 12.1 yet? I received this error;

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'OpenDentBusiness.Provider[] OpenDentBusiness.ProviderC.get_List()'.
at PluginDrTECH.FormRpStatementP.CreateDocument(FormRpStatement sender, Document doc, PrintDocument pd, Family fam, Patient pat, DataSet dataSet, Statement Stmt)
at PluginDrTECH.Plugin.HookMethod(Object sender, String hookName, Object[] parameters)
at OpenDentBusiness.Plugins.HookMethod(Object sender, String hookName, Object[] parameters) in C:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\12.1\OpenDentBusiness\Plugins\Plugins.cs:line 74
at OpenDental.FormRpStatement.CreateDocument(PrintDocument pd, Family fam, Patient pat, DataSet dataSet) in C:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\12.1\OpenDental\Forms Reports\FormRpStatement.cs:line 370
at OpenDental.FormRpStatement.PrintStatement(Statement stmt, Boolean previewOnly, PrintDocument pd, DataSet dataSet, Family fam, Patient pat) in C:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\12.1\OpenDental\Forms Reports\FormRpStatement.cs:line 346
at OpenDental.FormRpStatement.PrintStatement(Statement stmt, Boolean previewOnly, DataSet dataSet, Family fam, Patient pat) in C:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\12.1\OpenDental\Forms Reports\FormRpStatement.cs:line 329
at OpenDental.FormStatementOptions.butPreview_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\12.1\OpenDental\Forms\FormStatementOptions.cs:line 956

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 01, 2012 11:00 am

not yet, I haven't upgraded myself in a few months. I was about to, so I will try to get the error corrected when I debug it.

The current one worked for about the last few versions without changes, but looks like another change broke the functionality...
David Fuchs

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Tue May 01, 2012 7:06 pm

I appreciate it. Any chance we can get this Plugin incorporated with the regular versions of OpenDental (Jordan)? It's very functional and David has done all the work.

drtech

Post by drtech » Mon May 07, 2012 9:10 am

Hum...I am trying out the plugin today with 12.2.10 and I am not getting any errors.

What steps did you take when you got this error...looks like viewing a statement?
David Fuchs

drtech

Post by drtech » Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 am

Never Mind, it looks like I already updated the plugin for that bug last month and didn't finish the version. PluginDrTech.dll V 1.3.1 works fine in 12.2 and probably 12.1 also....Will have it posted to the website after I make a few other changes.
David Fuchs

drtech

Post by drtech » Mon May 07, 2012 11:22 am

DrTechPlugin V 1.3.1 is ready for download that is tested up to Open Dental v12.2.10. Read the Changes listed in the download box.

http://www.smilecouple.org/2012/05/07/u ... -referrals
David Fuchs

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue May 08, 2012 10:34 am

Hi David.

Unfortunately I faced quite a problem trying to install this plugin.

1. Initially I got a Windows dialog box that said:

Code: Select all

Plugin_DrTech_CustomAging is an invalid pref name.
See: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17 ... nshot.png/

2. Thereupon I noticed that in Program Links the "Button Name" I had provided had been cleared although the newly created program Link was active. I re-entered and restarted and got an Unhandled Exception Error. The details are:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at OpenDentBusiness.Prefs.FillCache(DataTable table)
   at OpenDentBusiness.Prefs.RefreshCache()
   at OpenDentBusiness.Cache.GetCacheDs(String itypesStr)
   at OpenDentBusiness.Cache.RefreshCache(String itypesStr)
   at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.RefreshLocalData(InvalidType[] itypes)
   at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.FormOpenDental_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
OpenDental
    Assembly Version: 12.1.17.0
    Win32 Version: 12.1.17.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/OpenDental.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
CodeBase
    Assembly Version: 7.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 7.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/CodeBase.DLL
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
OpenDentBusiness
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/OpenDentBusiness.DLL
SparksToothChart
    Assembly Version: 4.7.1.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/SparksToothChart.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DLL
xImageDeviceManager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/xImageDeviceManager.DLL
SigPlusNET
    Assembly Version: 1.1.4050.24928
    Win32 Version: 
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/SigPlusNET.DLL
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4940
    Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4940
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4940_none_50916076bcb9a742/msvcm90.dll
System.Web.Services
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
OpenDental.XmlSerializers
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/OpenDental.XmlSerializers.DLL
AxInterop.AcroPDFLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/AxInterop.AcroPDFLib.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
CDT
    Assembly Version: 7.4.1.0
    Win32 Version: 7.4.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/CDT.DLL
MySql.Data
    Assembly Version: 6.2.4.0
    Win32 Version: 6.2.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Oracle.DataAccess
    Assembly Version: 2.112.2.0
    Win32 Version: 2.112.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/Oracle.DataAccess.DLL
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
PluginDrTECH
    Assembly Version: 1.3.2.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Open%20Dental/PluginDrTECH.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
3. At this point OD would not boot so I called OD support who were helpful as ever and removed the following 8 rows to make OD boot again. The alternative was to restore to an hour old backup.

mysql> select * from preference where prefname like '%plugin%';
+------------------------------------------+---------------------------+--------
-+----------+
| PrefName                                 | ValueString               | PrefNum
 | Comments |
+------------------------------------------+---------------------------+--------
-+----------+
| Plugin_DrTECH_DataBaseVersion            | 1.3.2                     |     321
 | NULL     |
| Plugin_DrTech_AccountProgNotes           | 1                         |     322
 | NULL     |
| Plugin_DrTech_ModifiedBal_and_Statements | 1                         |     323
 | NULL     |
| Plugin_DrTech_ChartReferrals             | 1                         |     324
 | NULL     |
| Plugin_DrTech_AccountReferrals           | 1                         |     325
 | NULL     |
| Plugin_DrTech_StatementTitle             | Statement Of Your Account |     326
 | NULL     |
| Plugin_DrTech_CustomAging                | 1                         |     327
 | NULL     |
| Plugin_DrTech_ModifiedBal_and_Statements | 1                         |     328
 | NULL     |
-+----------+
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> delete from preference where prefname like '%plugin_drtech%';
2 things:

1. Does the plugin add any other lines to the mySQL database? if so, what are they and how should we remove them.
2. Do you know why this happened? Since you had tested, I must have missed a step somewhere.

Thanks.

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am

hum...i will retest on a blank database....it only adds a few preferences, but if they don't get updated properly, then it could cause a problem as you experienced...

-->was this the first time you installed it or did you use a previous version before?
David Fuchs

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue May 08, 2012 11:43 am

Brand new install.

Main thing is: Can the OD database still be unstable after the 8 rows referenced above are removed?

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 08, 2012 11:50 am

First time I have had this kind of issue, but no, my plugin does not alter anything in the database, just adds a few rows for preferences to turn features on and off.

There must have been an issue different than mine on version upgrading since I have had each version in my test machine and you started with a new install. It should not effect anything else at all. I will fix the problem and make sure it works and I test it on a new install each time now also. Will have it fixed tonight.
David Fuchs

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Great. The odd thing is that initial dialog box http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17 ... nshot.png/ says that "Plugin_DrTech_CustomAging is an invalid pref name." Yet when we removed the 8 rows, PrefNum 327 is just that, Plugin_DrTech_CustomAging.

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Great. The odd thing is that initial dialog box http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17 ... nshot.png/ says that "Plugin_DrTech_CustomAging is an invalid pref name." Yet when we removed the 8 rows, PrefNum 327 is just that, Plugin_DrTech_CustomAging. So, somehow it is looking for something that is in place and can't find it.

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 08, 2012 2:52 pm

hum...so it was there, but then says it can't find it. I will try it myself on a test database and see if I get the same or similar result. What version of OD did you run it with? (all three numbers)
David Fuchs

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue May 08, 2012 3:05 pm

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Found the issue...only occurred on brand new installs because I forgot to reload the database's newly installed preferences after I inserted them. So like you said, it was there, but the program hadn't refreshed from the database those new preferences, so it registered as "does not exist." It didn't effect me in my initial testing because I made the plugin through each stage and so I reloaded it at every stage.

Lesson learned, I will run it on a blank database each time I make a preference change just to verify my code is accurate.

The posted version v1.3.3 should work great for you now. http://www.smilecouple.org/category/computers#download
David Fuchs

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Wed May 09, 2012 12:52 pm

That is Sweet! Works great! This really should be incorporated with the release version. Very useful!

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 pm

It works! Very nice. Thank you.

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri May 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Plugin broken by 12.1.24. Invoking the Account Module generates an Unhandled Exception Error.

I thought (wrongly) that 12.1.X (the plugin's stated compatibility) covers 12.1.24 but unfortunately the plugin is now returning errors. Luckily I was able to disable the plugin and OD would still start. In light of this I have two observations:

1. The features of this excellent plugin should be incorporated into the main program. I am not the first to say this.

2. The OD plugin framework should be made more robust. Every minor version change should not break plugins. If this cannot be avoided, maybe plugin writing should be discouraged altogether as plugins are cannot be expected to survive more than a few updates. I mean this with due respect to all concerned. Imagine if, over the holiday weekend (we are open tomorrow), we could not start OD because of a plugin. OD support would probably be skeletal over a long weekend and obviously David cannot be expected to provide immediate support.

Of course the fault is mine for updating on an evening, before a long weekend. Anyway, no harm done and OD support would probably have come through even under these circumstances.

Bottom line: Plugin is disabled for now :( and OD is running :).

drtech

Post by drtech » Sat May 26, 2012 7:41 pm

yes, Jordan I don't test the plugin with every single version update and would really like to stop having these errors with version changes...

I would like some help to figure out how we can avoid this. Can a catch all exception handler be built into the OD plugin interface to gracefully skip using the plugin and go back to non plugin code if an unhanded exception does occur with a version change? That way people would not be discouraged from using the plugins when changing versions and never knowing if it will work.
David Fuchs

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat May 26, 2012 7:45 pm

That's a good idea. We'll keep it in mind.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

drtech

Post by drtech » Sat May 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Jay...I am removing compatibility listing for 12.1.x on the plugin...I was sure it did work with 12.1.early versions, but I don't have one running to test again. I didn't actually ever run 12.1.x in my office....so I just tested it again with the old on on 12.0.x and the new one with 12.2.x and it works great...so instead of going back to fix 12.1, just upgrade to 12.2.x beta and it will work until we test 12.3.x.

I am running 12.2.x in my office now for and it works flawlessly. I actually upgraded it further to have custom aging text on the statements for plugin version 1.4, but haven't posted it yet. I have been testing it for a few weeks not with no issues...will post that up soon for use with 12.2.x OD.
David Fuchs

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun May 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Jay, just verifying with you that the plugin did work with OD v 12.1.17 right?

From what I understood above, I indicated on the download page and that it breaks with 12.1.24. Best advise is just to update to 12.2.10 or above where I know it works in my office right now...testing 12.2.20 now just to verify.

Previously Jordan said they would NOT make any database or structure changes that could possibly effect plugins in minor version changes, but I guess between 12.1.17 and 12.1.24 something did change...
David Fuchs

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun May 27, 2012 2:02 pm

12.2.20 breaks it too. Something was changed in both 12.1.>17 and 12.2.>10 versions the same that effects our account module info. I suspect something to do with ins benefits listed on the bug list...

Jordan,
Please have your programmers NOT change anything that would effect database structure, enumerations, array sizes, passing info from plugins, etc in minor versions that we might be using/referencing and break a plugin! (ie, my plugin uses a modified version of some main routines in the program for data display and if something changes to make the old code invalid and cause an exception, we run into these problems frequently) If this must be done to fix a real issue, the please let us know so we can check our plugins or make it a major version number change which I always check. Thanks.

I will track down the problem and release a new version soon.
Last edited by drtech on Mon May 28, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Fuchs

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 pm

This is an example of the problem I encountered this time:
ContrAccountP.RefreshModuleData_end((OpenDental.ContrAccount)sender,(Family)parameters[0],(Patient)parameters[1],(DataSet)parameters[2],(double)parameters[3],(bool)parameters[4]);

it says it "has an invalidcastexception"

not sure what that means yet...
David Fuchs

Jay

Post by Jay » Sun May 27, 2012 3:21 pm

drtech wrote:Jay, just verifying with you that the plugin did work with OD v 12.1.17 right?
yes, worked perfectly with 12.1.17

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 29, 2012 5:34 am

I determined OD breaks my plugin at SVN revision 8009 "pushing the Send Claim button was causing an error"....what was changed that did this?
David Fuchs

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 29, 2012 6:38 am

That was when we changed a large number of variables from double to decimal. We had to do this because of rounding errors when adding a sequence of doubles. Some machines would show a zero balance for a patient, and other machines would show a .02 balance for the same patient. This qualifies as a bug, so it had to be backported to the stable version 12.1. I think the best solution, like you said, is going to be a way to gracefully switch back to the standard code if the plugin has any error.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 29, 2012 6:54 am

ok...so I guess I need to update my plugin to decimals also.

So, yes, it needs to be able to gracefully exit #1...and #2 if fairly significant changes are going to be made like that midversion...it would be helpful to post something in the developer section to warn that this could cause errors for plugins and that we should test. Thanks
David Fuchs

drtech

Post by drtech » Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 am

http://www.smilecouple.org/opendental

Just posted v 1.4.2 of my plugin which fixes the math change in Open Dental that was causing the error.

I ran it with OD 12.2.20.
It should work with for anyone running OD 12.1.22 and above or 12.2.18 and above
David Fuchs

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed May 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Sorry David, looks like 12.1.24 breaks it. Just got an error when accessing the Accounts Module.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
   at PluginDrTECH.Plugin.HookAddCode(Object sender, String hookName, Object[] parameters)
   at OpenDentBusiness.Plugins.HookAddCode(Object sender, String hookName, Object[] parameters)
   at OpenDental.ContrAccount.RefreshModuleData(Int64 patNum, Boolean isSelectingFamily)
   at OpenDental.ContrAccount.ModuleSelected(Int64 patNum, Boolean isSelectingFamily)
   at OpenDental.ContrAccount.ModuleSelected(Int64 patNum)
   at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.SetModuleSelected()
   at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.myOutlookBar_ButtonClicked(Object sender, ButtonClicked_EventArgs e)
   at OpenDental.OutlookBar.OnButtonClicked(OutlookButton myButton, Boolean myCancel)
   at OpenDental.OutlookBar.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
OpenDental
    Assembly Version: 12.1.24.0
    Win32 Version: 12.1.24.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/OpenDental.exe
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
CodeBase
    Assembly Version: 7.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 7.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/CodeBase.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
OpenDentBusiness
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/OpenDentBusiness.DLL
SparksToothChart
    Assembly Version: 4.7.1.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/SparksToothChart.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
xImageDeviceManager
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/xImageDeviceManager.DLL
SigPlusNET
    Assembly Version: 1.1.4050.24928
    Win32 Version: 
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/SigPlusNET.DLL
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.6161
    Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.6161
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57/msvcm90.dll
System.Web.Services
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
OpenDental.XmlSerializers
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/OpenDental.XmlSerializers.DLL
AxInterop.AcroPDFLib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/AxInterop.AcroPDFLib.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
CDT
    Assembly Version: 7.4.1.0
    Win32 Version: 7.4.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/CDT.DLL
MySql.Data
    Assembly Version: 6.2.4.0
    Win32 Version: 6.2.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Oracle.DataAccess
    Assembly Version: 2.112.2.0
    Win32 Version: 2.112.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/Oracle.DataAccess.DLL
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
PluginDrTECH
    Assembly Version: 1.3.3.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Open%20Dental/PluginDrTECH.DLL
Microsoft.DirectX
    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2911.0
    Win32 Version: 9.12.589.0000
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX/1.0.2911.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll
Microsoft.VisualC
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.00.30319.01
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualC/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualC.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu May 31, 2012 7:24 am

ok...looks like trial and error here :(
David Fuchs

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 am

I know it works with 12.2.20 as that is what I ran it with...you can wait for more debugging or just upgrade to the beta :)
David Fuchs

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu May 31, 2012 7:56 am

Yeah, no problem at all. I am just letting you know.