Odd report request

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Odd report request

Post by Rickliftig » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:43 am

Just trying to figure out the best way to do this - of course I could ask my front desk - the hygiene schedule has developed a lot of holes on short notice (this has happened several times over the last month). When I look at the schedule at 9:00, suddenly I think "Holy cr**, what happened here". How would I generate a report of who has cancelled/changed appointments during the day? And yes, I need to ride my front desk a little harder on this one. I guess this is my curiosity only and not a high priority item.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

atd

Re: Odd report request

Post by atd » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:25 am

When we first converted one of our offices to Open Dental the front desk staff had a strong reaction to deleting broken appointments off the schedule. Once they did, it just looked like they hadn't filled the schedule to begin with. They work very hard to fill cancellations and felt that those efforts went unnoticed because you couldn't tell from looking at the schedule whether that was an original appt, or if they had filled a cancellation. They did finally get used to the way it works and promptly delete the broken appointments. When someone cancels without 24 hours notice we break the appointment and post a "CAL - Cancelled Appointment Late" $0 adjustment. If they're a no-show, we break and post a "PTF - Patient Failed Appt" $0 adjustment. Then we can easily run an adjustments report to find a list of all the CAL's and PTF's. I wish the CAL's/PTF's showed up in the chart as well. I believe there are several feature requests related to this issue, just haven't looked at them lately.

CMJ

Post by CMJ » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:36 am

On behalf of the front desk, I understand how the staff feel when there ends up with holes in the schedule after working hard to fill the schedule. Yes, the staff in the back office do not know how often the schedule changes. My solution to let the doctor know how many and who cancelled for the day, I simply added a block out at the end day entitled "FAILS & CANCELLATIONS". (Sometimes there are so many changes for the day I will make 2 block outs marked 6U. (I may change the title to Hygiene Sick RESCHEDULE APPTS) or (SNOW DAY rescheduled appts) followed by the name of patient and what we
So when someone calls to cancel their appt less than 24 hours I still mark that appt broken and then make my notes in the com log and then in the block out I also enter their name and FA or CA and type of appt. Example: John Jones CA Ex Pro, or John Jones CA 9U br prep. I will enter each broken appointment on separate lines then the staff knows why we have holes in the schedule or they can look and see how many times we fill those appts. Doctor likes this work around because we can go back months later and still remember all those changes. It works for us. I still run a report for Daily Adjustments every day to see the changes as well.

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:00 am

There is a feature request to keep a ghost image of the late cancelled/rescheduled appointments. The orginal request is 851 the redundant request is 1584.

This is our current work around:
We made a custom column in our scheduled called cancelled. After we break the appointment we move the patient to that column to open up the space and to allow for a visual reminder of who needs to be rescheduled from that day. At the end of the day we clear the column in the schedule by sending the apppointments to the unscheduled list. It is not the same as the report you requested but it does allow you to see who had cancelled and was not yet rescheduled in "real time".

Unless the patient is not going to reshcedule I think deleting the appointment may cause you to loose track of people who did not reschedule???

vibrantsmiles

Post by vibrantsmiles » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:18 am

[quote="DavidWolf"]There is a feature request to keep a ghost image of the late cancelled/rescheduled appointments. The orginal request is 851 the redundant request is 1584.

This is our current work around:
We made a custom column in our scheduled called cancelled. After we break the appointment we move the patient to that column to open up the space and to allow for a visual reminder of who needs to be rescheduled from that day. At the end of the day we clear the column in the schedule by sending the apppointments to the unscheduled list. It is not the same as the report you requested but it does allow you to see who had cancelled and was not yet rescheduled in "real time".

Unless the patient is not going to reshcedule I think deleting the appointment may cause you to loose track of people who did not schedule???/quote]posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=13173#

I guess the suggested solution could really help but..what if the appointments are cancelled/rescheduled by deleting appointments by staff members for friends/relatives ? Just to avoid bad track records with the doctor? I maintain notes of no shows myself and make it a point to mention to the patient to be mindful next time to motivate them to keep appts. Sometimes patients get away with "convenient make and break" schedule to suit their needs by talking to staff..disrupting my planned production day leaving open voids!! In a solo practice with long appointments this can be a serious game changer! Can someone suggest practical remedies? Thanks
Is there any way to restrict deleting or rescheduling w/o 24 hrs notice? I don't like charging for the missed appointments..