New Beta is out!

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

New Beta is out!

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Always fun to play with the new toys: Thanks Jordan!

======================================================

Version 7.3 is under development. The following features have been completed but not released. As more features are completed, they will be added to the list below.

Chart Views: In the Chart module, the Show tab now allows saving different views. Each view also allows different combinations of columns in the Progress Notes grid.

TimeAskedToArrive
: Added to appointment table. Automatically calculated from patient.AskToArriveEarly field.

Exam Sheets: A new sheet type to support exams, such as soft tissue exam, perio exam, new patient exam, etc. Radio buttons can now be used anywhere. Some fields can be marked as required by user. Security added to completed sheets.

Grouped Procedure Notes: One note can be entered and signed for multiple procedures.

Commlog: Security added. Signatures supported.

Minor Changes
  • OrthoPlex Bridge
    Conditions now show on the TP in the graphical tooth chart image.
    Sopro bridge.
    Pt Info grid in Chart module implemented Display Fields, allowing users to show PatientFields in Chart module
    Colored procedures on appointments and the option to show the previous date in parentheses.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

drtech

Re: New Beta is out!

Post by drtech » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 pm

although it says not yet released...so do we need to wait to try it out yet on live database?
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:38 pm

If you are compiling it yourself and are ok with the risk, no you don't have to wait until we officially post the executable.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Ok gang - check out 7.3 when you get a chance -
  • Chart views are very easy to use and smooth. Set them up in the "Show' tab. You can use the F keys to show most any combination of items in the chart. For example - F1 - regular view F2 - films only F3 - sheets only I will be using these on a daily basis - no doubt about it.

The exam sheets hold a lot of promise. I am looking forward to customizing a few of those. Wouldn't it be nice if they would show up as a different color in the progress notes? For now, I'll simply hit F3!

I will definitely set up exam sheets for: intra-oral exam, extra-oral exam, endo exam (with radio buttons! Hot, cold percussion!), TMJ exam - I'll think of a few others, I'm sure.

Nice to see the security features in the commlog.

Also, the appointment table has more options than I remember - I like the flexibility - now, we have to remember everything that's there.

I will add that my staff has been really happy with Joe Gordon's improvements to the appointment view (7.2). In particular, they have been using the additional field to add in notes to the appointment.We use this feature daily.
And remember - this is a beta! I only have it on my test machine - the office is running 7.2.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:42 pm

I will put our office as a beta tester tomorrow as usual! Looking forward to trying out the chart show feature especially!
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Mifa

Post by Mifa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:28 am

Jordan, I've noticed that Canadian e-claims, that had been listed as incomplete in 7.3 for quite some time, have disappeared a few weeks ago from there and do not show up yet in 7.4. Any update on your progress on this? Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:43 pm

We are trying really hard to continue with Canadian e-claims. It does remain our top priority but it is also the hardest to delegate to the new programmers.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Mifa

Post by Mifa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:56 pm

Is there any way we could help you?