Tamper-resistant prescription paper

For users or potential users.
Pruce Dental

Tamper-resistant prescription paper

Post by Pruce Dental » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Does anyone know where to find tamper-resistant prescription paper that works with OD? I have some from TopForm Data that I used with Softdent in the past. My old paper will not work. OD prints the prescription on the top right. My existing paper has the tamper proof part on the top left. The best I can do to print it on thetop left is set the printer to mirror the image and it shows on the top left. The problem is that the pharmacist will need to hold the prescription in front of a mirror to view it :lol:

Anybody know where to buy tamperproof paper with the tamper resistant part on the top right?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Rickliftig

Re: Tamper-resistant prescription paper

Post by Rickliftig » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Robert - shouldn't be much of a problem. I have a ream from Micro Format Inc. - 500 sheets at $70.00 in 8/08. The paper is perforated in quarters and each quarter has the tamper-proof instructions on the reverse side. Their websites are: http://www.highsecuritypaper.com
www.4securitypaper.com
www.highsecuritychecks.com
www.rxpaper.com
Last edited by Rickliftig on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:51 pm

Rick...

Thanks. I am going to go look at that link right now...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

123-xyz

Post by 123-xyz » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:49 am

That would make two prescriptions on a single sheet of paper! One on top right and another on bottom left if you use the sheet second time. I am curious if my laser printer can pull quoter sheet in reliably -> will check it out. I think, specifying the place of a print in prescription print window and ability to print two prescription on a single pass would be a good feature request, as patients often leave with two prescriptions. Would save some paper. :!:

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:38 am

123-xyz wrote:That would make two prescriptions on a single sheet of paper! One on top right and another on bottom left if you use the sheet second time. I am curious if my laser printer can pull quoter sheet in reliably -> will check it out. I think, specifying the place of a print in prescription print window and ability to print two prescription on a single pass would be a good feature request, as patients often leave with two prescriptions. Would save some paper. :!:
It's feature request #200 - presently at 406 votes and 26.37 weight
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

murmsk

Post by murmsk » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:15 am

I have no problem printing 1/4 sheets. If your printer will print envelopes then it will print any size media. The printer I have is an okidata that has a media tray. We then have a shared windows network printer dedicated to 1/4 sheets. All computers point here.

steve
steve

swillig

Post by swillig » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:59 pm

There are many places to get tamper-resistant prescription paper. Make sure you look at who is compatible with the CMS guidelines. The best price and quality I have found is at www.paperrxsolutions.com. They sell to all states, and print custom prescription paper pads and rolls that are are compatible with EMR software.