Database Maintenance deletes my schedule notes

For users or potential users.
atd

Database Maintenance deletes my schedule notes

Post by atd » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 am

Last month 2 users reported that the notes they added under individual providers in the Setup->Schedules section had disappeared. I thought maybe they were entering it as a practice note rather than a provider note and it was getting erased accidentally when copying/pasting the schedule. However, they showed me a paper printout and they had been entered correctly. I had recently ran the database maintenance tool and suspected that may be the problem. I confirmed it last night. I have a copy of the database before and after the database maintenace tool was run. Afterwards all the provider notes are gone. Note: I'm not talking about the notes you can add when you're scheduling a block of time, I'm talking about when you click on a provider and then click the "Note" button below Add.
We have notes entered through the end of the year and it took a long time to add them back manually today. I'll wait for a fix to be posted before I run the tool again.

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Database Maintenance deletes my schedule notes

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:45 am

I'm so sorry. One of our goals is to make that tool much safer; to identify all issues as a completely separate step from fixing them. It's on the bug list now.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

michael

Re: Database Maintenance deletes my schedule notes

Post by michael » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:17 am

This problem has been fixed and will be released with versions 7.1.40 and 7.2.38.