Graphical Chart colors

For users or potential users.
Joe Gordon

Graphical Chart colors

Post by Joe Gordon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Are there plans of adding the ability to customize the color of unerupted teeth soon? The red W's are difficult to see against the dark gray. Also is the graphical representation of mesial and distal caries and restorations for posterior teeth going to match the true representation- like how they are displayed correctly on anterior teeth?

Pruce Dental

Re: Graphical Chart colors

Post by Pruce Dental » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:52 am

Joe...

Jordan mentioned in a previous thread of mine about charting conditions and mentioned that he was thinking about outlining restorations with caries or defective fills etc. I saw in your other threads that you were VERY active with enhancement requests. Have you bid $ on an enhancement for making the charting conditions and restorations better?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Robert-
I have not requested these features attached to a dollar amount. I paid $400 to add the W for Watch, and I knew it had already been a feature request. When I presented all the cool features of OD to our staff last week, including all the new features I've paid for, they were dissappointed that the W is barely visible against the dark gray unerupted teeth, and the red incipient caries & Cl 2 com's show on the marginal ridge (it does show correctly on anterior teeth). Also they do not want to convert until Pt Info Fields can be attached to all appts, as eliminating the redundancy of adding in for each appt is why we are converting to OD from our current pm ware. I never knew that the color for the unerupted teeth is not customizable, as I did not know that you can't print the legible schedule from the Appt to paper. Almost all of the features completed for us were for the Q sheet I mentioned that everyone carries in their pocket, so our hands are tied. Been messing around with screen captures like SnagIt, but I am trying to eliminate workarounds. Just hoping for these minimal features soon so we can start using. I'll keep you posted.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:50 pm

We can make the W more visible as part of finishing the original feature for you. I'll put it down as a bug so we don't lose track of it.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Many thanks

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Mon May 09, 2011 4:05 am

Old Thread - new question:

Is there a way to add other graphics like Joe's "W"? In particular, I would like to add Green, yellow, red blocks and a question mark (custom 20x20 would be nice, too).

I use these to during treatment planning to graphically indicate the prognosis of a tooth.

I understand that other matters are pressing, just curious as to how difficult this would be to implement?
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed May 11, 2011 5:13 am

That's request #108.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com