Any update on the Pulpotomy graphics in Charts

For users or potential users.
Nusmiler

Any update on the Pulpotomy graphics in Charts

Post by Nusmiler » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:25 pm

I know this topic came up several months ago, but I wanted to know if this has already been resolved in the latest version of open dental. When I tx plan a Pulpotomy on a primary tooth there is no indication of that represented in the patients chart. It is a very common procedure in Pedo and when I set it complete there is also no indication in the patients chart. Is there a way to use the same graphics used for for a Root Canal treatment for a Pulpotomy?
Currently, I indicate this myself using the draw function. It is a pain and it has resulted in confusion and errors.
Thanks- Nusmiler

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Any update on the Pulpotomy graphics in Charts

Post by jordansparks » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 am

Yes, it's been resolved in a recent version.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Will that be in 7.2.12?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:48 pm

Version 6.9. If you don't see it, you need to edit the paint type of the procedure code.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:39 pm

I did change the paint type. Could get it to show BU, but not RCT. Just need to show pulpectomy like rct. Was on with support this week, and we found primary teeth still can't show RCT.

Nusmiler

Post by Nusmiler » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:48 pm

Joe Gordon wrote:I did change the paint type. Could get it to show BU, but not RCT. Just need to show pulpectomy like rct. Was on with support this week, and we found primary teeth still can't show RCT.
Same here.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Oh. Show a pulpectomy like a BU. When you do a pulpectomy, do you really go to the apices, or do you stop at the floor of the pulp chamber?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:05 am

[/quote]
Nusmiler wrote:Is there a way to use the same graphics used for for a Root Canal treatment for a Pulpotomy?
jordansparks wrote:Yes, it's been resolved in a recent version.
I do not want a pulpectomy to show like a BU. A pulpectomy is extirpation of the entire pulp; pulpotomy is removal to or just past the pulp horns. So a pulpotomy shown like a BU is great, and a pulpectomy shown like rct (not a BU) is great. No staff and parent and patient confusion when charting and delivering tx plans.

I would love to see consistency in the graphical representation of conditions and representations in the Chart. All primary teeth hopefully would be able to show the same graphics as permanent teeth. And hopefully all posterior teeth would have the same representations as anterior teeth (interproximal caries and restorations shown on B/L view, and not on occ view). As dentists, we know what the different conditions and tx (however represented) are, but this consistency is extremely important so no errors with staff and no miscommunication w/ parents/patients.

sandi

Post by sandi » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:26 pm

What about a much simpler solution?
A pms i used before had the option of assigning a letter or two to any procedure, ie PE, W, this then was applied to the surface clicked on along with the procedure code.

Joe Gordon

Post by Joe Gordon » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Thinking that a W on the mesial surface would be difficult to see. We write PE at apices of partially erupted teeth. With OD we will be using the movements instead of drawing on charts.