Child recall?

For users or potential users.
hjoesaar

Child recall?

Post by hjoesaar » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:40 am

I've looked on the forum but I can't find an answer. What trigger's a child recall? For instance my own children came in in April 2010 and got a prophy but they're not in the recall system. This seems to be a problem for us. What do I need to know? Thanks.

hjoesaar

Re: Child recall?

Post by hjoesaar » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:11 pm

When I was playing around with Recall Types and their triggers I did two things:
1. Some of our children weren't getting on the recall list so I tried to add another Prophy under Recall type and called it "child prophy." I used the a child prophy to trigger another child prophy. it seemed pefect. However, I realized that only one Prophy type can be used. So I had to return to "child prophy" even though it didn't have a trigger.
2. I used the trigger of child prophy to activate an adult prophy, thinking that if a child turns 13 then they'll automatically get recalled. - Anyway, when I synched it I doubled my prophies due because every adult that was due for a regular prophy was now due for a child prophy too!
Problem. Almost every patient has a Prophy AND a CHILD PROPHY due in the recall list. How do I undo this?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:35 pm

There's already (or should already be) a recall type called child prophy. In an effort to save time, I'll just include a screenshot of the typical setup. So the child prophy and adult prophy would both be triggers in the adult prophy.

Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

hjoesaar

Post by hjoesaar » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:36 am

Jordan,
as you know I can sometimes take something that seems easy and make it complicated. We've had problems with our recall system and I was trying to figure out why. Sometimes children weren't included in recall and I was investigating. Yesterday I erased all Child prophys from the recall list because EVERY patient now had a Prophy and Child Prophy recall setting. Now the adults are okay but ALL the children are only on the "Prophy" type. Is this a problem? How can I fix it?