Unknown items in OD?

For users or potential users.
galligan

Unknown items in OD?

Post by galligan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:43 pm

Can anyone tell me what "questionaires" are...there is a section for this in the setup but I can't make out what it is for and can't find it in the OD manual?

Also...what is the "ABC0" field in the patient information section of the family module and what is it used for?

Thanks!
Ryan

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Unknown items in OD?

Post by jordansparks » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:58 am

Questionnaire was the very old and crude version of a patient registration form. We tried to deprecate it, but sheets still does not have powerful layout feature like cut/copy/paste. There are still a few users who have complex questionnaires set up, and until sheets is better, we can't force them to quit using questionnaires. You should be able to find that page in the manual by searching now.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

sandi

Post by sandi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:23 am

abc0 is credit status, actually its very useful say you want to know you have a medicaid patient on your appointment book then put M in this box. An M will pop up in the top right box that shows the confirmed status. Speaking of which shouldnt the time departed trigger not be set up for marking the appointment complete and change this box to a different colour say the same colour as the rest of the appointment changes to? I dont see any way of doing this?
Having played around with it and versus SOEs' Exact used in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand(owned by Henry Schein)probably the best of whats available and far superior to Dentrix which ive also played with albeit not latest version which they also own I can say OD competes very favourably in most areas and surpasses it in quite a few but there are just a few areas it is not so polished in.
I think for what OD is(open source etc)with limited funding compared to market leaders it is an amazing accomplishment. :shock:

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:42 am

ABC0 is being gradually replaced by patient fields. Nobody seems to use the ABC0 field the way I did in my office when I first wrote the program. For example, the suggested M. We're hoping to get patient fields showing on appointments very soon.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:14 am

great, I think this is what I was looking for Jordan with the "sticky" appointment fields...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com