X Charge / Global processing

For users or potential users.
klinlv

X Charge / Global processing

Post by klinlv » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Word of warning that Xcharge / Global Payments delayed payment of $15000 charged by a patient for over 5 business days before it showed up in my bank account. I think that this is ridiculous. They said that we had never had a charge for that much before (untrue) and we have had several $10000 charges in the past, I don't if this is some new delay/stall tactic or what. I wish I could use the Xcharge with Wells Fargo processing or some other processing company. I like the integration of the Xcharge showing up in Open Dental without having to manually entering the information but stuff like this may make me rethink this. We had an issue with an American Express charge for $22000 that had to be split in to to separate payments but the funds were placed in our account in 3 days(Global Payments doesn't handle the Amex charges). It turns out that is a max limit setting on the card swipe that Xcharge put in. It can and was changed in my office...

Jordan is there any other option for Open Dental that works within the software like Xcharge? The open platform is great if there is more than one vendor...

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: X Charge / Global processing

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:16 pm

We are always open to adding another bridge. It's a matter of limited resources, and we just haven't had many complaints about x-charge. There is a company that seems to be getting very serious about a bridge, and they seem to want to pay for the programming. So you might have another choice soon. Really hard to predict.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com