Time Clock Reports -- Version 7.1

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Time Clock Reports -- Version 7.1

Post by jclaydds » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 am

Just a courtesy reminder. I updated to the beta Version 7.1 around mid May. It is clearly documented in the features of the new version about changes with the Time Clock feature and the difference in reports so I have no excuse. Nevertheless, maybe this post will save others some grief. Unfortunately, my office manager did not catch the fact that the hours in the Time Clock Reports are now being reported in hours:minutes rather than as a decimal. If your employee works 39 hours and 30 minutes, the old reports would yield a result of 39.5 hours. The new report starting in version 7.1 yields a result of 39:30. My office manager did not catch the change so she was erroneously inputting the time into our payroll program as 39.3 hours. This has resulted in slightly underpaying each employee by a few minutes the last 4 pay periods. We will make the corrections on each employee's next paycheck to corrrect the error.

Fortunately, our payroll program (Quickbooks) will allow time input in either decimal or hours:minutes so we won't have any problem inputting the times into our payroll program now that we have figured out that there was a change in the reporting. I am sure Jordan had his reasons to change from the decimal format to hours:minutes but it does seem a bit more difficult to deal with. I just took several time clock reports and attempted to add them to get total hours that an employee worked for the first 6 months of the year. I first had to add all the hours. I then had to add all the minutes and divide by 60 to get hours and then add them together. I little messier but still not a huge problem.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Time Clock Reports -- Version 7.1

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:09 am

The current 7.1 shows it both ways.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Sorry, Jordan

I can't figure out how to see the time card hours in decimal format. I am on versions 7.1.27 and it appears that decimal support occurred at version 7.1.21. I s there an option where you choose how you want time to appear. I guess I am getting the time card report properly. I am going to the manage module, selecting an employee, hitting "View Timecard" and then printing it. I only see the time in hour:minutes format. What am I missing?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Maybe we forgot to add it to the printout. We added both formats to the bottom of the screen, though. I put it down as a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com