multiple tx plans

For users or potential users.
jamesx2

multiple tx plans

Post by jamesx2 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:47 am

I know that you can save tx plans and then add a second tx plan, but i am not sure if i am doing things correctly. I enter in a treatment plan then go to the chart screen. Hit the save button. then go back to thechart screen and erase the first tx plan and rekey in new one. then I can go back totreatment plan screen and save second plan. But what if the patient descides to go with plan A. Do I have to rthen erase plan B and rekey in the entire Plan A?
Last edited by jamesx2 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:55 am

Key in both plans with different priorities on each. Highlight only some of the rows before you hit "Save TP". Then highlight other rows and hit Save TP again to save the other TP. So all the procedures for both TPs remain in the chart.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

parksjdp

Post by parksjdp » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:39 am

Would that apply insurance estimates independently of each other then? For example, you could do endo, post/core, crown on #19 in one saved treatment plan. On the other would be the extraction. Since the first treatment plan would would likely use up all insurance benefits, would the the second show insurance estimate as $0?
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101
jparks@paterafamilydentistry.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:43 am

A saved TP is static. The numbers will never change. If you order your default TP with the most likely tx first, then the annual max will estimate properly there.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com