Printing the claims in PDF format

For users or potential users.
rmaddali

Printing the claims in PDF format

Post by rmaddali » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi
I am a new Od user,
1.Is there any way to print the claims in PDF format without changing the printer set up Or email the claims,I mean Not E-claims.
2.Is there any way to change the provider in the completed procedures, without going through each line.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Printing the claims in PDF format

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:45 pm

1. No. I'm curious why you want to do that.
2. Attach them to an appointment with that provider. You might have to also do something else to get them to change, like possibly setting the appointment complete.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

rmaddali

Post by rmaddali » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:40 pm

hi
Dr Sparks
1. We have few insurance companies takes claims as regular e mail with pdf claims, (we print the claims in Cute Writer and send them as E Mail) They do not accept the electronic claims, So when we are doing the billing, each time we need to send the claim, for these particular Insurance, we have to go and change the settings and come back for the rest of them.

2. We have multiple providers and most of the times, the patients were seen by a different provider , even though they were scheduled with their assigned provider,, and the billing goes under that provider. during the appointment there is a question" do you want to change the provider" so even if you say yes/no,, there is no guarantee, that patient is going to be seen by that provider.

atd

Post by atd » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:20 am

Is there any way to change the provider in the completed procedures, without going through each line.
This is a very time-consuming problem to fix. I find a lot of provider mistakes when running month end reports and in order to fix them you have to change it in SO MANY places:
1) On the appointment
2) On each procedure
3) On each insurance estimate if the claim has already been created (or else the writeoff will go to the wrong provider).
If there are two insurance companies then you get to change it in the 3 places on each procedure!

One thing I do that saves a little time is when I change the provider on the appointment I also change the status from "Complete" back to "Scheduled". Then set the appointment complete again. That will take care of 1 and 2 above, but you'll still need to do step 3 individually for each procedure.

If changing the provider on the appointment would automatically flow down to the procedures, insurance estimates/writeoffs that would be wonderful. If not everyone wanted that, then perhaps a prompt to do so?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 pm

#3 looks very familiar. There's a chance we already made that change. I think I would consider that a bug. What version are you on?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

atd

Post by atd » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:03 am

Version 7.0.41

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:25 pm

I put it down as a bug for 7.2 and 7.1 since you'll be switching to 7.1 soon anyway.
Jordan Sparks, DMD