bug or behavior in email recall list?

For users or potential users.
sparkly

bug or behavior in email recall list?

Post by sparkly » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:46 pm

version 7.0.29.
a patient told me today that he received the recall email intended for his wife. he is the guarantor on the account, BUT she has a listed email, it shows in the recall list when selecting who to send reminder 1,2,3 etc to, and "group by families" was unchecked. Is this the normal behavior in this version?, eg no matter to whom you are sending the email (even if he has his own email address), the recall system will now use only the guarantor's email even when 'group family members' is unchecked?

nathansparks

Re: bug or behavior in email recall list?

Post by nathansparks » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:38 am

We will evaluate this.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm

I would call that a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:31 pm

js I consider this to be a bug and will add it as soon as I can.
dg/Assigned to me. Added to bug list.
dg/Not a bug. I tested a fake family on my machine where each of the two family members had different email addresses and I was not able to duplicate the issue. I tested in versions 7.0.41 and our latest development version. We should make sure he is upgraded to at least version 7.0.41. If he still has an issue, we may need to get some specific examples from their database. Nathan can you follow up with him?
dg/I was thinking a bit more about this. Perhaps one of the office staff updated the family member's email address after the email recall reminders were sent out.
ns/I am posting answer to forum.

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:15 pm

The bug is still there.
I spoke to Amy today. She downloaded my database to check it out. I installed version 7.1.39 this morning before calling OD.
Just noticed that there is a 7.1.40, so I installed it. Thought it would have the fix in it, but it doesn't. Still have the same problem. The guarantor's e-mail is being used instead of the patient's. When the guarantor doesn't have an e-mail, then the e-mail field is empty.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:16 am

It wasn't Amy, it was Amber, my mistake.

Simple solution. Make sure the GROUP FAMILIES check box is NOT checked in the recall list window, otherwise the guarantors e-mail is the one that will be used for all the family members who are due.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

drchrisgauci

Post by drchrisgauci » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:00 am

Been happily using od for over a year. today i noticed same problem as above, and quite quickly (and very simply) solved it by looking on the forum. very helpful indeed, Thanks