Insurance setup

For users or potential users.
cheroxy

Insurance setup

Post by cheroxy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:07 pm

I don't think I set up my insurances correctly when I started a year and a half ago. I recently got a new front office person and have been training her and therefore paying more attention to what I have set up. My crown fee is $1110. With the following patient, they are on a Delta Dental PPO plan and their allowed fee is $888. Right now we have $888 set in for the price of the code D2740 as you can see in the following image...

So her treatment plan looks like the following...

How do I change my set up so that the fee shows up at $1110, primary insurance as $444 (the 50% of the allowed $888) and discount of $222 (my fee of 1110 minus the allowed 888) leaving a patient portion of $444?

Thanks

drtech

Re: Insurance setup

Post by drtech » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:33 pm

in insurance setup, (double click ins area in the family module) Chage 2 drop down boxes. Make it 1) a "PPO %" plan rather than "category percentage" and the fee sched 2) set to your "Washington PPO" instead of "none" or "default"
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks Drtech :D

I redid her txp with the new info and now two things seem to be incorrect. As you can see, her pri deductible was applied at $50, but it only lowered her primary coverage $25 instead of $50 for that first crown where the deductible is applied. Why only $25?

Also, on the filling...the fee for the PPO on the D2392 code is $182. Here is shows up as 185.60. Why is that?

Here are the images of the txp and the insurance information

afeuer

Post by afeuer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Seems like you're getting close. How do you enter your benefits information? Do you use the request insurance info from dental exchange or do you have your front office person contact each insurance company every time a patient comes in? Also, do you verify a patients coverage every time they come to your office? And lastly, do you collect co-pays at the time of the visit or do you wait for the insurance payments?

I've been trying to get setup with this for about 6 months, I've just been receiving a lot of resistance from our staff. The biggest change for us would be how much time we would need to spend on each patient every time they come into the office. Anymore info on these things would be very helpful to me. Thanks,

-Adam.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm

The deductible is because of order of operations in math.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/deductibles.html

The filling probably has something to do with a substitution code because it's a posterior composite.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com