Sheets for Dumber Dummies

For users or potential users.
savvy

Sheets for Dumber Dummies

Post by savvy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 am

On April 21st, Jordan posted that complete instructions for Sheets was posted online.

Well..........
I see the posted section, but to me, it is more informational than instructional.

My question is, How does one actually create a sheet?
For example, I have a scanned image of a my lab's slip, how does one place that image on a sheet?
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

wjstarck

Re: Sheets for Dumber Dummies

Post by wjstarck » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:08 am

If you simply want to use your own background image for one of the existing sheets, select the one you want from the left hand side (Internal), and click copy to copy it over the the right side column (Custom). Then double-click on the sheet and click on the "Static Image" button to import your own image. You can resize and customize the image to fit your particular situation.

Creating a new sheet, or modifying one that has been copied over (to move fields or add new custom fields) takes a little bit more work to add fields, tweak them so they appear in the proper place once printed, and the like. It's fairly straightforward once you've toyed with it a few times.

To add a new sheet, click the "New" button at the bottom right and select the type of sheet you want to customize, and from there you can move fields, add them, add text, background images and the like.

To customize one of the premade (internal) templates, just copy it over by selecting it and then clicking the copy button, then double click and customize it to your liking. An example of this would be moving the fields around so that they meshed with an image of your patient info or medical history form that you have scanned in to be used as the background image.

Hope that's clear. Best thing to do is play with it a little bit and it will be fairly clear how it works. If not, just ask away... :lol:
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

savvy

Post by savvy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 pm

THANK YOU!

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

savvy

Post by savvy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks to Dr Starck, I'm getting the hang of Sheets.

Now......

How can I email my newly created lab slip to the lab?
I enter their email address in the lab info and I enter the email address in the Print/Email section of the Sheet, but that's as far as it goes....It goes nowhere.

Assistance please....much appreciated

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:40 am

Not a feature yet.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

afeuer

Post by afeuer » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:43 am

If you have adobe acrobat you could just print it to the adobe printer which would have you save it as a pdf. Then you could email it in your normal email client. Probably too many steps but an option.

-Adam

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:57 am

Ok I understand how the sheets are good, but to help out those who still maximize the merge abilities of word could you not have a way to take the letter merge generate a pdf that is stored in the patients file?

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:14 am

enamelrod wrote:Ok I understand how the sheets are good, but to help out those who still maximize the merge abilities of word could you not have a way to take the letter merge generate a pdf that is stored in the patients file?
Have you tried something as simple as CutePDF writer? It's a driver that looks like a printer. You 'print' your doc to the CutePDF printer and it creates a pdf file which can then be placed into OD. It's a free program, too.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:20 am

yes I use this WORK around! but what I use is a dual printer program so when I push print everything gets a hard copy and a pdf get generated to put into the image folder. Sheets just have some shortfalls that really are limiting(multi page, image integration that would be nice for word also). And how much do I have to pay you for all those incredible post op and instructional forms you have integrated into OD. :) Thanks again for pushing the OD envelope.

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:15 am

enamelrod wrote: And how much do I have to pay you for all those incredible post op and instructional forms you have integrated into OD..
I believe a large pledge for that feature (exporting/importing sheets) is in order. Actually, my forms are .jpg images of word files. That's how I can have the nice formatting, etc. Still limited to one page though, but maybe that's a good thing. We docs have a habit of saying in three pages what should only take one.

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:01 pm

so true. Im squeezing forms left and right but I can never seem to get under 2 pages for my forms and it is probably from my love of trees. I try to print everything front and back page. DO you sell your wd docs. I am in a big push to get organized.

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:01 pm

It would be a pleasure to upload the files and develop a few new ones. Jordan, is there anyway we can set up a file section, or do you have an ideas on linking to another site like I have done with Flickr?

I'll trade info files for HudLite integration any day! Looks like a very sweet program!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:03 am

I'm starting a new thread - Uploads will be hosted on Google Docs

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:59 pm

still working on the hud lite integration but the guidelines are on the hudlite site if you go through outlook to save the contacts

d2dental

Post by d2dental » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:49 am

to email a lab slip to lab, add labs email id in patients chart. it will work as emailing the treatment plan to pt, just remove pt email id in recipient's list.