If PPO fee is higher than standard fee

For users or potential users.
jordansparks
Site Admin

If PPO fee is higher than standard fee

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 18, 2010 6:08 am

If PPO fee is higher than standard fee, then what should be the procedure fee that shows in the Account and on TP's? I'm not talking about what goes out on the claim, just the proc fee itself. I'm leaning towards thinking it should be the standard fee. But looking back through previous versions as far as 6.0, it has always used the PPO fee in this situation. We could easily change the behavior to use the standard fee, but I don't want to annoy people by changing behavior unexpectedly. Opinions welcome.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

apollonia

Re: If PPO fee is higher than standard fee

Post by apollonia » Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am

PPO contracts are double edged swords. if lower, the dentist is stuck. if higher, well...... use the higher fee (and if that is REALLY the case, perhaps raise your UCR!)

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Tue May 18, 2010 8:56 am

Jordan - that would make sense to put in the PPO fee, but you're right, it's not the expected behavior. Maybe the fee could highlight in a different color, or a pop-up could be configured to alert the office that this was the case?
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 18, 2010 9:14 am

I'm going to say we leave the behavior alone. Use the higher PPO fee. And we later add a checkbox in setup to allow the default behavior to change for offices that would rather have it use the lower standard fee. So I'm calling it a feature request.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com