Sheets for dummies

For users or potential users.
apollonia

Sheets for dummies

Post by apollonia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:14 am

i know that complete documentation will arrive soon, but i'm eager to de-confuse myself.

can somebody give me a quick version of how to use a form (assume forms are already made -- i don't want to complicate this).

using a tablet or kiosk computer to have patients fill out medical hisotory and patient registration.

is it best to use the toolbar "Forms" button, then "add" ..... then what? if i double click and hand it to a patient, they will have access to the whole system, but if i use "terminal" i wind up with a screen i can't get out of when done with the form, and nothing seems to show up in my "terminal manager" from the Tools menu....

this can't be difficult, i'm just not getting it.

savvy

Re: Sheets for dummies

Post by savvy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 am

You're not the only one.
Signed,
Clu Liss
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:19 am

Complete documentation was posted yesterday.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

apollonia

Post by apollonia » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:58 am

jordan, thank you again.

i'll give a whirl this afternoon!

http://www.opendental.com/manual/patien ... minal.html

UPDATE: i love it.

apollonia

Post by apollonia » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:39 am

OK, i've poked around and i think i have it working pretty well. this took a lot of work on your part, it's a pretty well regulated process.

can you help with a "best practice" scenario..... i can see a couple of ways to go, but wonder which has worked out the best.....

patient fills out form, and you want a permanent archive (uneditable) copy....

1) seems like the form is accessible from the patient Forms button, and is still editable. is this correct?
2) print or email confuses me... do we email the form and the patient emails it backed filled in? is the print function just to make a paper copy?
3) generate PDF works, but what do i do then to get it into the patient images archive?
4) do i screenshot the form and save that, then separately import into images archive?
5) it's helpful to have a patient view their (existing) form to see if any changes are needed..... does the edited version save separately, or is the original altered?

what works best?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:01 am

1. We have not implemented security on it. So yes, still editable. Backups is one way to have legal archive.
2. Well, our suggested method of web posting does not include emails. But email would be an alternative. I wouldn't want to use email due to security.
3. Import it in the ordinary way that you import any file into the Image module.
4. No.
5. You must be talking about the Kiosk now instead of pfd's. But I don't quite understand the question.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:02 pm

I was wondering too the same questions.

I think the number 5 was referring to for medical history updates done yearly or when there is a health change. Can you just pull up the original medical history sheet have the patient reread it and make the one or two changes necessary without having to overburden the patient with filling out a blank new sheet from the start each time and then just save a new copy with the new date?

Since there is no security of the medical histroy sheet yet..can we put a signature box on the sheet for the patient to sign and wouldn't that prove that no changes were made because the signature would be lost if the form was altered?..if you altered a single checkbox you would loose the signature right?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Right. So I wasn't completely accurate when I said there's no security. There is the digital signatures which can prove authenticity.

No, there is no way yet to show the patient the medical form they filled out before to have them sign it again. There is that feature for patient info, like address, etc. But the medical history form has not been enhanced to that level.
Jordan Sparks, DMD