Insurance Co's attached to Accounts/Patients

For users or potential users.
drschulman

Insurance Co's attached to Accounts/Patients

Post by drschulman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:24 am

I asked this question previously (1/15/2010) regarding insurance co's in accounts. I received a response back that said the "bug" was fixed on Feb 18th?? (When my accounts would show all previous insurance companies, it seemed confusing) I recently had a situation where our former software transfered over a patient and 2 of their old/un-used accounts. I tried to delete the un-used accounts with no transactions in them, by deleting all/any assigned appt's or ins's on the account and then clicking delete....It gives me a message that i cannot delete that old account due to ins. still being assigned to this person?? It is not in the account screen(i dropped it) but when i go to the main list of ins. it still lists that person as having it?? At this point I have three accounts for this person...1 current, 2 not used at all, i made sure all ins. was dropped in all accounts, even the current one...and it still wont let me delete the un-used ones???? Just let me know if i am missing something!! :roll:

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Insurance Co's attached to Accounts/Patients

Post by jordansparks » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Is the patient still a subscriber for some insurance plan? Even if it is dropped. You would have to delete the plan, not just drop it. Also, don't forget that you can always archive someone. That's what the archive feature is for. Then they won't show up on your patient list anymore, but they will still be properly attached to the dropped plan. If they are showing in a family where you don't want them, just move them to their own family.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 am

Yes he is still showing up under the insurance plan list, i guess as a subscriber?? But no ins is attached to him in any of the accounts....I cant delete the ins plan, as there are a boatload of others on it! I will try the archive though! I just wanted to clean up those unneccasary accounts!!! Thanks for the help!

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:55 am

Please let me know what you come up with! i have an account that's the same scenario. I isolated the insurance plan and removed all other people that were attached to it in error in the first place. Then I attempted to delete the plan because it was the incorrect one for the account anyway. I kept getting messages that transactions were attached to the plan. After deleting all payments, claims, etc, I still couldn’t delete it :(. Finally I just gave up and the plan is still sitting in the list of ins plans labeled with big warning letters to never use it.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 am

Deleting the plan is a different issue than deleting the patient. In this case, there is a checkbox inside the InsPlan window for "Hidden". Once you mark it hidden, it won't show in the list.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:21 am

That is good to know about the hidden check box.

Just curious:
If you check hidden is there a way to get back into that plan to unhide?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Sure, it's still the Family module of the subscriber, or at least using the insurance dropdown list.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:38 am

Used the archive option and it worked great!! Still wish there was a way to rid the system of the unneccasary accounts but this works fine for now!!! The old software we had transfered over alot to be gotten rid of!!