Deposit Slip

For users or potential users.
savvy

Deposit Slip

Post by savvy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Today I followed the online instructions for installing the special bank deposit font.
I also noticed that my deposit slip does not look like the OD User Manual example.
It never has printed a date range.
It never has indicated type of deposit.
It never has printed, "Deposit into the account of.........."

However, the new font works great.
It would be even nicer to be able to include the name and branch of the bank somewhere where it doesn't get printed in goofy font (if the bank/branch name has any A,B,C or D in it).

I'm using version 7.0.15.0
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

Rickliftig

Re: Deposit Slip

Post by Rickliftig » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:05 am

Check with you bank to see if they accept the deposit slip. My #%@^@! branch of Bank of America does not - (Of course, these slips are a real money maker for them.) I know one office that has installed a dedicated check scanner which sends the check images over the internet. No visit needed - I am very tempted to go that route and give BofA the heave-ho.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 am

We tried a check scanner. Total waste of time. Requires extensive double entry. As for the deposit slip, it will be turned into a sheet. It is possible to purchase 8 1/2 x 11 preprinted deposit slips where the top 1/3 is removed on a perforated line. QB can print to such paper, and we also plan to. It took forever to get the 'experts' at the banks to tell us about this kind of deposit slip. For years, they swore up and down that the only accepted format was manually written. Because of tighter banking rules, I doubt they will accept the Open Dental deposit slip, even with the funny font.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:29 pm

I'll accept that.
My bank accepts the OD deposit slip for the itemization.
Then I fill in the date, write the word "batch" and include a total on the banks preprinted deposit slip.
So each deposit includes the checks, theOD deposit slip and a one line completed pre-printed bank deposit slip that reads xx/xx/2010 Batch $abcd.00.

But I'd still like to know why OD deposit slip doesn't have the same printed info as the deposit slip that is the example online.

Cheers!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:46 am

rick are you talking about remote deposit check scanner? what bank is it?

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 am

The only bank in my area (Hartford CT) that is offering the service (AFIK) is Citizen's Bank. Here's the link:

http://www.citizensbank.com/small-busin ... posit.aspx

Now that tax season is over, I may be changing, but I need to get a few more details. As Jordan had mentioned (and my accountant, too) prior incarnations of the technology were redundant or expensive.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

helliwell

Post by helliwell » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm

our BofA branch doesn't want the itemized deposit slip. They just take the pre-printed one with only the total on it. So far not a problem.
A.J. Helliwell, DDS, FAGD
Newport Beach, CA
drh@helliwelldds.com