Importing patients details

For users or potential users.
alhalwachi

Importing patients details

Post by alhalwachi » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Dear All

I'm new to this, to be honest; I loved the OD application and seriously planning to get it.

Now, i have some questions:

1. How can I import my patient details? I have my patients’ details saved in an MS Access database.

2. How can i important patients' appointments? Each patient will obviously have number of appointments some of which are in the past, so when updating, OP should know which appointments are gone (outdated), which are due, which are cancelled …etc.

3. How can I upload a picture for a patient? When I click on the patient's details, I see "Patient Picture not available" and it's not clickable. How can I update it?

4. Under the images tab, I can import images. If I import an image to a patient "A", the picture is saved in "C:\OpenDentImages" folder. If I manually put the picture in the patient's folder, it appears classified as "Credit approval". I want to import images for my patients and automatically have them appeared in the "Photos" folder under images, how can I do that?

5. I have so many images for patients by name and id, how can i automatically import them?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Importing patients details

Post by jordansparks » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:34 pm

1. Use our conversion service. http://70.90.133.65:1942/ConversionList ... nList.aspx
2. Ditto.
3. It goes in the Images module. Put it in the patient pictures folder. To set which folder to use for patient pictures, see Definitions setup, image categories.
4. You can import multiple images at one time. Dropping them into the Windows folder of the patient is not the usual way of doing it. If you really want to do it that way, you can reorder the image folders in Definitions setup.
5. We have an image import service which we charge for that might work. Or you could build a script to do the work.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com