set appointment complete

For users or potential users.
Mifa

set appointment complete

Post by Mifa » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:48 am

We're using 6.7.31 in production. My understanding is that when I uncheck "allow setting procedure complete" in the modules settings, users shouldn't be allowed to set a procedure complete and must set the appointment complete instead. I indeed get a warning if I try to right-click set complete on a procedure in the progress notes, preventing me from completing it. However, if I edit any TP procedure (from the progress note of from the appointment window) and manually change its status to complete (or use the set complete button) in the edit procedure window, I get no warning even after I close the procedure edit window and the procedure is marked completed... Is this a bug? Has it been fixed in a more recent version?

Thanks.

Mifa

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: set appointment complete

Post by jordansparks » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:49 pm

It does behave with tighter restrictions in newer versions. It prevents mismatched dates between procs and appointments. But it will still let you set a procedure complete from inside. That option is not supposed to block that action. We would have to add another option to do that.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Mifa

Re: set appointment complete

Post by Mifa » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that we end up with orphan procedures that are set complete without being attached to an appointment. The query select * from procedurelog where procstatus = 2 and aptnum = 0 typically returns 10 to 15 such procedures per month... it does not seem to affect the standard production reports though, but has an impact on custom reports I have created that seek complete procedure based on appointments.
If disabling the set complete in the procedure edit window is not possible, then would it be possible at least to get a warning when one try to set a procedure complete in the edit window (when the option is unchecked in the setup)?