Latest demo sample database

For users or potential users.
Jeunium

Latest demo sample database

Post by Jeunium » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:10 pm

Hi!

I just installed the latest demo version in a brand new VMWare Virtual Machine: Windows XP SP2, DotNet2 Framework.

Everything seems to be working except that the promised demo database with sample patients is not there.

Only the "blank" folder is in "C:\Program Files\OpenDentalInstaller\Release\Databases" and the "Choose Databse" form from within OD only offers the opendental, mysql and information_schema databases

Where can I get my hands on some sample data so I can demo to some potential customers. I need some amount of data to be be able to really show off the benefits of the reporting engine.

Many thanks in advance :-)

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:25 pm

Well, during the last year, we've only released on 'blank' database with the trial version rather than the way we used to release a 'usa' database and a 'demo' database. The most recent 'blank' database is minus the 8 or so patients that were in the trial version from a few months ago because it was hard to upgrade databases with clutter in them. We are again moving towards putting together another demo database that can be installed side by side with the blank database.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Jeunium

Post by Jeunium » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:59 pm

Great !

Btw, have you given a thought by any chance of producing the demo data with a database data generator? It could certainly help speed up the process and by the same token enable on to generate a whole lot of sample data. It could even help plan the choice of hw for capacity.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the effort Dr.

Looking forward to get my hands on the next demo database!