Emdeon putting the blame on Open Dental

For users or potential users.
articaine

Emdeon putting the blame on Open Dental

Post by articaine » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:58 pm

In the past month or two we've been checking up on our claims status. These insurance companies used to state we don't see it and then we tell them we have the tracking number and what do you know they see it on another part of their monitor...bull. Now, they say they never received it. First I call Emdeon and I speak to the first agent...their response is it's an Open Dental issue, or it's the insurance company. Just to stay on one part of my investigation I have the staff call Emdeon four more times and four more idiots tell me that it is one of either the insurance company or Open Dental. I don't believe it even goes thru Open Dental. Emdeon's response is "it goes thru their system" wtf, what system?! I call the insurance companies in question, they point the finger at Emdeon and what do you know, Open Dental. The world is full of morons and idiots, half are at Emdeon and the insurance companies.

One can only resubmit a claim so many times.

jsparks - edited out the profanity.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

jclaydds

Re: Emdeon putting the blame on Open Dental

Post by jclaydds » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:29 am

Most on this forum can appreciate the frustration with dealing with insurance/insurance companies; however, I respectfully ask that you keep your comments at least PG rated no matter your level of aggravation and frustration. This is a forum for the entire Open Dental community including the staff of many offices and they shouldn't have to encounter this type of language in the posts.

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:27 am

Are you using the Emdeon web interface for monitoring claim status? That's an easy way to verify if it even made it to Emdeon.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

articaine

Post by articaine » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 am

JClay I'll make everything rated "G" just for you.

Jordan, I'll look into that thanks...I'll watch my words.

articaine

Post by articaine » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:51 am

Jordan, yes we used that website and we confirmed that Emdeon received it. But, they also go on to say that it is Open Dental's fault for the insurance companies not receiving it. When questioned how the hell is that possible none of the agents could not go into it.

Can you tell me what exactly Emdeon is talking about? Why do they keep pointing the blame on Open Dental? to make up for their deficienies?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Well (treading softly) it seems like if the Emdeon website says Emdeon received it, then OD has done its job. But please be nice to the Emdeon support staff. I'm sure they're doing the best they can. On the Emdeon website, it probably tells you whether the insurance company received it. That "ack" is usually received within 24 hours. If you don't see that, then just resubmit and watch for the ack again. I believe Emdeon won't charge you for a second transaction. And the worst that will happen is the the insurance company will deny the second one as a duplicate. It's a pretty common situation, and it's not unique to Emdeon.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com