Patient Registration Forms

For users or potential users.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Patient Registration Forms

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:40 am

I'm very happy with programming momentum over the last week. Nobody else will realize it until version 7.0 is released, but I just wanted to shout about it right now. We have solved the problem of online new patient registration forms. All technical hurdles have been overcome, and it's all little stuff from here on. New patients will be able to fill out pdf's. Those completed pdf's will automatically find their way back to the office. The staff will import them into the patient's image folder where the forms management tool (new) will help organize them. And then, yes, you will be able to push an import button to load that form data directly into the database. The import does not yet include insurance or medical info, but the forms will still be there for viewing. It's all very cool, and something that I had not dared to dream about for version 7.0 until now.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Re: Patient Registration Forms

Post by Pruce Dental » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Sounds very exciting!

As a soon to be ex-Softdent user the medical history section was the only area of Open Dental that was holding me back from making the switch. I look forward to version 7.0 and setting up the medical history sheets.

Jordan... I swear you do more programming in two months than Softdent ever did in 2 years ...wait make that 5 years...

Thanks!!!
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:18 am

wonderful!
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

articaine

Post by articaine » Sat May 15, 2010 9:14 am

Awesome! What to do with Medictalk now. I guess its gonna get chucked sooner or later.
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

articaine

Post by articaine » Mon May 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Jordan,

I've read the manual of setting this up. and have a few questions:

1. One needs Acrobat Pro to make the forms, so in Pro do not use LiveCycle? Does Acrobat Pro version 7 or 8 have the ability to build?
2. I need to creat this form myself? If so, I should be able to graphics in there as well?
3. I need all 4 forms for PatientInfo? the PatientInfo.pdf, PatientInfo_distributed.pdf, PatientInfo_responses.pdf, and PatientInfo_responses_archive.pdf
4. If Acrobat has an issue then will office not get forms?
5. Other delivery methods?
6. will this work if one has an account for the free version of acrobat.com?
7. Importing after the pdf goes to the Patient forms folder in the Images module, how does it populate OD?
8. Can other online forms be made, like medical history?

v

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon May 17, 2010 4:09 pm

1. Must be version 9. You can use LiveCycle that comes with 9 if you want, but I wasn't impressed with it.
2. You can use ours as a starting point.
3. Yes.
4. Right.
5. Email should work fine.
6. I don't remember if the account I was using was free. I think with the purchase of Acrobat 9, you might get a subscription of some kind.
7. You can read the manual and try it out. You can also try out the import process using the Sheets registration form.
8. Yes.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

articaine

Post by articaine » Tue May 18, 2010 9:13 am

Is there a compatibility issue with Acrobat Pro 8? And how screwed up is the conversion if that Livecycle is used? If I wanted to use the PatientInfo.pdf you have on your website, is this PDF editable, meaning can I add my own address and logo or do I have to start from scratch? Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 am

Yes. I believe the issue is that version 8 doesn't interact with the Acrobat web site. From the manual:
"This form is the same as the default Patient Information sheet. You can use it as a starting point for your own form:
PatientInfo.pdf"
Jordan Sparks, DMD

teethdood

Post by teethdood » Wed May 19, 2010 1:00 am

Another delivery method would be using an upload CGI script to allow the patient to select the finished PDF, then upload to a folder in your website, or having that CGI script send the file to your email. That way the patient doesn't have to fire up their email client.
Philip H. Doan, DDS
http://www.kaweahdental.com/

articaine

Post by articaine » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:24 am

anyone get this online forms working and importing into opendental? just like to hear how smooth its been working as I already have medictalk not sure worth spending time to change.

and what is the level of security that this has?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 pm

It will work, but it's more complex than we would like. We are already working hard on html forms rather then pdf forms as a simpler alternative.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

asanders

Post by asanders » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:06 pm

Sorry for the ignorance, but will the sheets function play into this at all? I was busy working on setting up health history forms etc. in sheets, but it sounds like this might be the preferred option.

I'd love to have two options.
1) E-mail patients a link, or direct them to a link on our website, where they could fill out demographics, insurance, health/dental history electronically. When finished it would come back to us to review and import into OD.
2) For those less tech-savvy patients, and I have a lot . . . Paper copies of these exact forms that I could have patients fill out and then staff could input the data into OD.

I'm in the process of putting our financial agreements, consents, and HIPAA forms into sheets so that we can simply have the patient sign them in the office electronically.

The health history is what is giving me the most trouble. I'd love to have an exact copy of my health history as it now stands, only in electronic form. Ideas?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:59 pm

The plan is that you will build your form as a sheet, then upload that sheet to our server. Our server software will display it as an html form for your patients to fill out. The results would flow back down from our server into your Open Dental database as a filled out sheet. We already have some of the basic elements working. It's slick to see a filled-out html form show up in OD as a sheet.

You can use a scanned version of your health history to have the patients fill out. That's already working fine. What's missing is the online version and the automatic import. Both of those missing features are coming.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

asanders

Post by asanders » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Awesome. So it doesn't sound like I'd be wasting time getting my own health history and other forms into sheets. I'm planning just to use a static image with overlay of the data boxes.

This software is amazing.

articaine

Post by articaine » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:41 pm

asanders wrote:Awesome. So it doesn't sound like I'd be wasting time getting my own health history and other forms into sheets. I'm planning just to use a static image with overlay of the data boxes.

This software is amazing.
How's your progress on this? I'd love to see how yours turned out.

asanders

Post by asanders » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Still working on it. I'm trying to figure all of this out. Hoping to have it completed shortly.

-sanders

asanders

Post by asanders » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:25 pm

I've got it pretty much done. If I could figure out how to post it, I would. I'd love to integrate it with the database like the patient registration forms do.