Lab Cases

For users or potential users.
drschulman

Lab Cases

Post by drschulman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:07 am

Is there an available report to run for outstanding lab cases?? I can view them under lists but cannot print them....We would like to be able to print a list to check through, as we missed one today!!! Please let me know if I am missing it somewhere! Thanks

drschulman

Re: Lab Cases

Post by drschulman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 am

Also wondering if there was a way to alert us that a lab case was due in on a certain day??? We love the lab case feature but there is no notification system implemented with it, we do lab checks daily, but would love if it could catch us if we miss one?? Any suggestions??

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Printing the list sounds like a good request. For now, you could use our print screen tool.

As for alerts, the way it currently works, is that you review the box at the middle right of the Appt module. And you have to click forward a few days to see each day. An improvement might be to show an alert there if any not received for a certain number of days into the future. So that would be another request.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:33 am

That did work to print it, thank you! It only shows what was on the screen though, obviously!! So we have to print screen like 10 times to show all the lab cases!! Please keep those lab alerts/print options in mind for the future, it would be a nice feature to help keep track and to know what to look for coming in from the lab!!! Thanks!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:30 am

Do you really have 10 pages of current labcases? I think you are doing something wrong if your list is showing lab cases that are not current.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:11 am

No we do not have 10 pages of current lab cases, but we do have several (maybe 10???) pages of ALL our lab cases....Dr S likes to keep them, even if received, in the patients progress notes so we know for future reference where the work was made...there is no option in the lab case module to make a lab case complete so it does not show in the report....not that ive found anyway!! Just looking for a more efficient way to keep track of them and possibly be notified if one isnt checked in before the patients due....as of right now we just have an assistant checking the lab for the schedule the next day!!

atd

Post by atd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:09 am

You should be attaching your lab cases to the planned/scheduled appointment. Then when the appointment is set complete they won't be on your list anymore.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Right. Your list should be virtually empty because all your completed cases will drop off. I think you're not attaching them to appointments as intended.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:13 am

Thank You!!! You learn something new everyday!! I'll play around with it and see if i can make it work!!