trial version license agreement

For users or potential users.
gdbanks

trial version license agreement

Post by gdbanks » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:22 pm

i just tried to installed the trial version on my vista 64 and the license agreement area was blank. i agreed w/ its terms.

had installation problem (i did Right click, Run as Administrator)

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my.ini'.

on my computer i have a C:\Program Files folder that seems to be for native 64bit programs. if a program is 32bit then it is installed in C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

how do i get the installer to look in the C:\Program Files (x86) were the program/file is being installed. and not the default C:\Program Files?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:40 pm

When using the OpenDentalInstaller, it's simply a matter of changing all the paths before performing the installation. I say simple, but at the same time, I realize that it can be challenging. Looks like it's time to overhaul the OpenDentalInstaller to better handle 64 bit systems. As for why the license agreement was blank, I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

murmsk

Post by murmsk » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:37 am

the license was blank for my update too so it doesn't have anything to do with trial.
steve
steve

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:12 am

Found the problem of the missing license text. I can't believe InstallShield didn't warn me the text was missing. Anyway, it will be present in the next build.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

gdbanks

Post by gdbanks » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:42 pm

Until you change the OpenDentalInstaller, maybe instructions should be add to the vista installation page.

just a thought