Canadian e-claim/EDI bridge

For users or potential users.
johnhe8

Canadian e-claim/EDI bridge

Post by johnhe8 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:10 am

We have successfully bridged a different practice management software to a EDI package for the canadian market. We are considering doing the same for OpenDental. I wonder how many people would want such a bridge and how much will the market willing to pay for such bridge?

Thanks for the feedbacks.
John

spsdds

Re: Canadian e-claim/EDI bridge

Post by spsdds » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:22 am

John,
I have just started using open dental and would be interested in such a bridge to CDA itrans.
Sincerely,
Stephen Shanahan Ottawa Ontario, Canada

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:04 pm

John, you should know that we are probably going to be intensively working on this over the next few months. So if you did it too, I think it would be duplicated wasted effort.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

johnhe8

Post by johnhe8 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 am

Thanks for the update. Any ETA on the completion of the official OD Canadian EDI support?

John

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:25 am

It's nearly impossible for us to give ETAs on anything. If we don't run into a major problem, the programming should take a month or two, and the certification process will take an unknown amount of time.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

spsdds

Post by spsdds » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Jordan,
I think certification should go quickly. Randy at the CDA told me a couple of weeks.
Steve

tdong

Post by tdong » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 am

very good to hear about this

tomle

Post by tomle » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Jordan,

I should stopped working on it as well, since we should not duplicate our effort. If you need me to help with the programming, let me know. Do you have the message and the format books from CDANet? I have them in PDF format as well as printed books, if you want I can send it to you.

Let me know.

MedDen

Post by MedDen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello, we've been using opendental in Canada since it's beginning and so are still sending paper claims. More and more patients are getting used to the fact that dentists do eclaims and recently we are starting to feel the pressure significantly (with the recession). Even though we tried some other software, we love the feel of opendental but now we are seriously considering going elsewhere. Any canadian dentist in here have experience in transfering the data from opendental to some other software? Anyone using OD in tandem with an eclaim module? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:36 pm

It is our highest priority at the moment.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

MedDen

Post by MedDen » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:21 am

Thanks, that's good to know! Will there be any additional fees for the use of this feature? (i.e. per transmission)

kderhami

Post by kderhami » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Halaluya.......
what a news, it makes me so happy to hear this. Just last week, I was bragging to my study club about OpenDental, everyone there got so excited about the software but as soon as I mentioned that there is no Canadian eclaims all that enthusiasm suddenly subsided. I am happy to have chosen OD, I believe in this software and I believe in Jordan's ability to finally furnish Canadian collegues with the complete vesion of this amazing dental software. Go OD, Go.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 am

Kell, You've been waiting for us for something like 5 years now, right? I'm very amazed that you did not give up on us already.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

MedDen

Post by MedDen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 am

The last time you were putting all efforts on the canadian certification, we did the mistake, of promising to our patients the soon to be available eclaim option. We disappointed many, and so we don't want to make the same again. What are the chances that this time, it will go all the way through? Sorry to appear ungrateful, it's true that OD has been the best software for us, and you've been putting a lot of efforts in following the requests of many, which honestly very few companies do. Thanks for not forgetting about us.

nathansparks

Post by nathansparks » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah, while this is our current focus and we are hopeful, please do not promise your patients anything. We certainly we do not wish to consider users' patients as having any hopes pinned on our development, so again, keep this under your cap with your patients.

MedDen

Post by MedDen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:40 pm

:shock: We just noticed Canada's help page being updated with new(?) info. Is itrans a working option right now? :mrgreen: 8)

sprange

Post by sprange » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Interesting find...

The office I just purchased doesn't even have a single computer in it (and it isn't even wired for internet--that's the next step). Open Dental is being installed as soon as my computers arrive, but it would be really sweet if eclaims were functional. Definitely a teaser!!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 am

We are working hard on itrans and we are updating the Canadian page in the manual as we go. You can currently see some areas on that page that are less refined than others. You can follow our progress by watching that page. Once we think we have it working well, then we begin the certification process. It's all done remotely now, so I think that will only take a few days. At the current rate, we will probably be done in the range of a few weeks to a few months. Impossible to pin it down any tighter than that. I'm 95% sure we will continue until we are done and that we will end up certified, but don't ever buy software in anticipation of new features. Vaporware has burned many users of many different kinds of software.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

spsdds

Post by spsdds » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Jordan,
Where do we stand with e-claims for Canadian users. It has been a while.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm going to lock this topic. It's out of date.
Jordan Sparks, DMD