Fee schedule increase

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Fee schedule increase

Post by fishdrzig » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:39 am

Hello

I increased my fees for the new year and the program handled it fine. Anything new we add has the increase, but anything old or that was already scheduled has the old fee. Is there any way to change this?

jclaydds

Re: Fee schedule increase

Post by jclaydds » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:51 am

Yes, there is an easy way to deal with this.

Go to Lists, Procedure Codes and select "Fee Tools" in lower right corner. There are tools to help you change your fees automatically by a certain amount or percentage and then the button you are looking for is titled "Update" and it states it will update all fees globally.

This will change all your old fees on your treatment plans to your new fees.

Please be aware of one problem I had using this button. I have some fees on my procedure codes list as zero. For example, I have code D9999 (Misc Adjunctive Procedure by Report) as zero. Occasionally, I will tx plan a procedure that doesn't fall into any of the ADA categories. I'll use the D9999 code and then plug in an appropriate fee. I then usually quote the patient a fee. It would be wise to "Save" a copy of the treatment plan in these cases.

When I globally updated my fees, it changed that fee that I "customized" for that procedure back to zero since zero is what I have listed on my Procedure Codes list.

The global update is a wonderful tool but in these few isolated cases -- it had unintended consequences.

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:30 pm

How can I print the new fee schedule? Thanks

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 pm

To Print, Go to Reports Menu. Under List Section, go to Procedure Codes. Pick the Fee Schedule you want to use and then you will be able to print it.

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Thank you, although, I found out that if I just go to the treatment plan module and click update fees, then this will do it easily. If, however, you have a fee that has been agreed upon, you better SAVE the treatment plan first before you hit update fees, then you can have the default treatment plan update only, not the saved one with the older fees.