Anesthesia??

For users or potential users.
asanders

Anesthesia??

Post by asanders » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:21 am

OD Version 6.7.23

I'm trying to enable the anesthesia module, but I don't see it in Setup>Modules. What am I missing?

wjstarck

Re: Anesthesia??

Post by wjstarck » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 am

In later versions of 6.7, the enable check box got moved from Setup > Modules to Setup > Show Features. The Anesthesia check box is at the bottom. You'll also need to setup up different levels of security in Setup > Security, depending on what privileges you want users to have access to. Also, in Lists > Providers, if you double click on a provider, you have the option of setting the provider to None, Anesthetist/Surgeon/ or Assistant/Circulator. Assigning providers to these categories will filter the names that show on the Anesthetist, Surgeon, Assistant and Circulator dropdowns, so there are fewer names to wade through on each dropdown.

And a bit of good news is: the Anesthesia Plugin is about 90% complete, I just have to tie up a few loose ends, so I'm hoping to have it ready for 6.9. We'll need to charge for it down the road, but I'd like to extend an offer for current users - if you are currently using it, or would like to beta test, we'll offer it free to you for the next several development cycles until we're certain it's ready for general release.

Feel free to message me if you are interested in being a beta site.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA