Recall....AGAIN

For users or potential users.
savvy

Recall....AGAIN

Post by savvy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Forgive me....I still am dumbfounded regarding OD's Recall.
I want a list of patients that are due to have a cleaning appointment.
I'm sure I have more than 16 patients, but that is all that is listed.
I want a list of names of everyone in my OD database that has not had a cleaning/exam in 2009.
Why is this so difficult to achieve?
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

drtech

Re: Recall....AGAIN

Post by drtech » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:32 pm

go to your setup of recall:
1) make sure you date range is large (730 days previous)
2) make sure your triggers are correct (eg if you want EVERY pt to show up, then you should make comprehensive exam, limited exam, prophy, & SRP all trigger the prophy/perio recall) (If you want all the people who have had a prophy/maint to show up, then set your triggers to just prophy and perio maint, etc)
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:57 pm

What if they haven't had any of what you stated above?
Let's assume I'm a relatively new user and converted over a 50 year old practice from my old PMS.
I haven't "seen" any patients using Open Dental.
However, I should have a listing of "patients that haven't had a prophy in 2009".
I ought to be able to easily get that list.........HOW?

Or, if you don't like the above scenario, how about this one:

50+ year 2500 previously active patients practice converts from Intellident PMS to Open Dental in 2006.
Last Visit Date does not convert over.
The practice is a solo dentist that works 135 days per year. The practice sees 8 Hyg patients per day. Assume each patient should be seen 1.5 times per year. 135 x 8 /1.5 = 720 patients seen for hygiene in one year.
How can one generate a recall notice for the remaining 1800 patients?

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:33 am

In Setup/Recall, did you leave Days Past blank? That's the only way to pick up patients who have never had any procedure entered into Open Dental. They have a recall with an empty due date.

If that doesn't work, what version are you using?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:27 pm

I'm using 6.8.19.

I see the conflict.
The recall list is notification driven.
If a notice was generated within a set time, the patient is no longer on the list.
There needs to be an easy, quick way to generate a list of Patient's Due that is not notice dependent.

As it currently is configured, the recall list generated only lists patients that need a notice generated.
It does not tell you who ALL is past due.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:09 pm

I thought that's what you wanted, for the patients to disappear from your list once you contacted them. The goal is to keep the list empty. If the front desk can get the list empty and keep it that way on a daily basis, then you know they are doing their job. If you want to know all who are past due (why?), it seems like more of a reporting function. However, it shouldn't be too hard to add that in as a filter at the top. Just submit a request.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

savvy

Post by savvy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Well, sort of.......

The initial request, and thank you for granting it, was to have patients removed from the recall notice list after a notice was generated. However, it is still valuable to know who is past due. Using the current format, having 16 patients on the recall list gives a false condition. In reality, my case specific, there really is about 250+ patients. This 250+ list is not alarming in my case, but if the list grew to 300 or more, then that would. These 250 patients are still patients. 95+% will appear at some point.
Many of these patients show up every 3-4 years, however putting them on a 4 year recall schedule seems wrong, let alone a liability should something go very very wrong.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

JimZ

Post by JimZ » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:05 pm

I think a Recall Report similar to the Accounts Receivable Report would be beneficial. :idea: Every patient would be classified as current, 3 months, 6 months, or 1yr+ overdue (or some other intervals) on one report for our viewing. Unfortunately, I don't know how to write this or if it's even possible.

Jim