Anesthesia

For users or potential users.
asanders

Anesthesia

Post by asanders » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:03 pm

What's the latest on the Anesthesia module? I'm about to set it up and I'm considering taking the plunge to purchase a monitor that can integrate with OD. What monitors are capable of this or recommended?

wjstarck

Re: Anesthesia

Post by wjstarck » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:52 pm

asanders wrote:What's the latest on the Anesthesia module?
I am working on porting the code that was previously a part of OD to a plugin. I'm working diligently to make the deadline so that it will work with the 6.9 release of Open Dental.
asanders wrote: I'm about to set it up and I'm considering taking the plunge to purchase a monitor that can integrate with OD. What monitors are capable of this or recommended?
Right now, the only monitor that has been tested is the Philips SureSigns VM-4. These are really nice monitors, and Philips support is excellent.

Please note that additional software is required to listen for HL-7 messages from the monitor and write them to a MySQL database. I've been using this feature for well over a year and it works nicely, but that part of the code needs to be refined as it has only been tested with v. 2.4 of HL7 and has some other minor issues that need to be corrected before it is ready for prime time. Also, I have not had the opportunity to test the plugin on Windows 7.

I'll be looking for beta testers soon, so if you're interested, please let me know...
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA