Rx/Deduct./Perio Chart

For users or potential users.
drschulman

Rx/Deduct./Perio Chart

Post by drschulman » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:36 am

ALRIGHTY! A FEW DIFFERENT ?'S...
1) RX - IN SOFTDENT I USED TO BE ABLE TO PRINT PREVIEW MY RX SO THAT WHEN I CALLED THEM IN I DIDNT HAVE TO WASTE THE PAPER TO PRINT THEM, COULD HAVE ALL THE INFO RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, AND IT WOULD STILL SAVE THEM IN THE PATIENTS RECORD....ANY WAY I CAN DO THIS IN OPEN DENTAL?? IT LOOK LIKE PRINT IS THE ONLY OPTION...

2) DEDUCT.- IT LOOKS LIKE IN MY NEWEST VERSION 6.7.28 (I BELIEVE) HAS AN UPDATE THAT TOOK OUT BEING ABLE TO TURN OFF DEDUCTIBLE FOR PREVENTITIVE SERVICES??? NOW ALL MY PROPYS ARE COMING UP WITH DED....ANY WAY TO FIX THAT, THAT I AM MISSING??

3) PERIO CHART- WHEN WE DO CHARTING ON A PATIENT AND HAVE DONE SCALINGS, I SEND THE PERIO CHARTING AND XRAY TO THE INS. CO...WHEN USING FAST ATTACH (NEA) THE ONLY WAY FOR ME TO DO A SCREEN CAPTURE FOR THE CHARTING IN OPEN DENTAL IS TO PRINT IT OUT AND SCAN IT BACK INTO MY XRAY VISION SO I CAN ATTACH IT AND DO A SCREEN CAPTURE FROM NEA RIGHT FROM XRAY VISION....ANY BETTER SUGGESTIONS??

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME!!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: RX/DEDUCT./PERIO CHART

Post by jordansparks » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am

1. I call in Rx's from time to time without using a print preview. It involves flipping to the Family module at the beginning of the phone call to see the birthdate and/or phone number. But after that, I just go straight from the Rx as already entered in the Progress Notes of the Chart. Sometimes, my staff prints an Rx for me to look at before they call it in.

2. We wouldn't have done that. We actually added another category for deductibles for xrays. If the prophy's are coming up with deductibles, then it must just be the way you have the benefits set up. A training issue that we can help you with by phone and remote computer connection.

3. We added a "save to images" for the perio chart in version 6.9, not released yet. We also added a 3D graphical perio chart.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/perio.html
It has not yet been released.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

enamelrod

Re: Rx/Deduct./Perio Chart

Post by enamelrod » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:08 pm

also a prescreening for help in classification of perio status. i think dentrix has this

color of gingiva
papilla shape
supturation amount
bleeding
bone loss type
then a perio diagnosis.. but boy i am sooo excited about the addition. great job

jamesx2

Re: Rx/Deduct./Perio Chart

Post by jamesx2 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:36 pm

I am also excited about this enhancement. I think I am one of the few people that sunk a lot of my voting points into this enhancement. The print out is looking good. All the extra things mentioned by enamelrod would just be icing on the cake.