Feature Request List Unwieldy

For users or potential users.
klinlv

Feature Request List Unwieldy

Post by klinlv » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:02 am

The feature request has become unwieldy. It is a terrific idea but with well over 1000 requests it is difficult to look through. I understand that there is a search but I would have to use the same verbiage to search for a similar idea. I wonder if it were broken down into some type of groups if it would be easier to browse the ideas that are already on the list and vote for them. At the present time I rarely take the time to scroll the entire list of request and likely have not voted for some very deserving items…. Just a thought

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request List Unwieldy

Post by jordansparks » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:14 pm

Well, it will only continue to get longer, much much longer. Just a fact of life. We have been making gradual improvements to the search feature. I always make sure that all requests have good keywords in them. It does take a little bit of work to learn the correct keywords, but they are the same keywords as in the manual. So as a user becomes more familiar with the program, the request system becomes more useful for them. And our support techs help users to make requests. We already considered groups, but keywords are more powerful.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com