Claim connect

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Claim connect

Post by fishdrzig » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:43 am

For those of you using Claim connect, can you comment on the costs and how useful is the real time eligibility and benefits functionality? Thanks

enamelrod

Re: Claim connect

Post by enamelrod » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:21 am

useless for my office. we tried it out before od integrated with it. claim connect doesn0t provide enough information. its very basic it tells you if the person has insurance and the max benifits. but did not give breakdowns % or benifits used, so you still have to call the insurance company. if all insurances were mandated to provide this insurance information that would be a big step towards insurance reform. metlife doesnt pay well but they figured out how to make it easy to getthe patients insurance info

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:55 am

trying it, but haven't got it to work well well at all...just as above...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Well, sounds like a dead duck, then. I will continue to call the insurance company the old reliable inefficient way

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:24 am

I doubt that without a law that mandates that insurance companies make insurance info easily accessible that any improvements coming directly from insurance companies will ever happen. This is why I pay a monthly fee to insurance answers plus. They have very detailed info on thousands of dental insurance plans sorted and made available by employer. I could directly import this wonderful and very useful info directly into an insurance benefits plan for my patients, if only the link to insurance answers plus from opendental were fixed. I have been asking for this repair for years. Instead of fixing what works, we get massive code writing on that that doesn't and probably never will work.

Every time this subject comes up it just gets me a litle more irritated. Sorry.

Dr. Neelley :x

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:42 pm

was this "bug" to Insurance Answers Plus ever fixed?

TanT

Post by TanT » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:20 pm

This should have been fixed in v7.1.26 in July of 2010.
Tanya Support Tech #16
Open Dental Software