Posting a bulk insurance check

For users or potential users.
jbm

Posting a bulk insurance check

Post by jbm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:18 am

We are a large institution. Posting bulk insurance checks is time consuming on O.D. Are there plans to write program so that these large bulk payments can be posted by pulling in the outstanding claims for a carrier by plugging in values for the dates of service. Seriously, posting a 22 page EOB takes 3 hours! Other software systems have this capability, is this planned in the near future?

drtech

Re: Posting a bulk insurance check

Post by drtech » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:21 am

sounds like a reasonable request, although we rarely have more than a page or two so I haven't really noticed...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

jbm

Post by jbm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 am

We receive many of these checks daily. It is very time consuming and a waste of my staff's resources. One EOB could be for as many as 50 patients! To have to pull in each patient separately is crazy. (Not to mention that there could be 40 John Williams in the database and sorting out which one is also time consuming.)
Don't get me wrong - we LOVE the product and this is our biggest complaint by far!

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:46 am

I agree, even for small offices this would be great.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:15 pm

As with many feature requests, there can be a sudden sense of urgency where we had not noticed any urgency in the past. We get sporadic requests for this feature, but it doesn't usually come across as urgent. I do agree that it's sort of an "expected" feature, and for that reason it should rate with high importance. It's request #59, and it only has 2 votes. If it's so important, then it needs to have more votes added so that we can see the importance.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

DrFrederick

Post by DrFrederick » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm three months into my first practice ownership and our office just converted to OD last week from Practiceworks and to be honest we barely know how to use it yet. I purchased an office shortly after the front office/manager of 20 years for the practice retired so front office operations/systems are pretty much non-existant and we are kind of learning on the fly if you will. My front desk staff is wondering how we can easily enter the bulk insurance checks similar to how we did with Practiceworks. I saw this thread but wasn't sure if any of the changes had been implemented yet.

I'm taking Scott Leune's "Breakaway Practice" seminar this weekend and he is a big advocate of OD so I'm hoping that helps with getting our systems in line.

Thanks for the help,

Dr. Frederick

Arna

Post by Arna » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:50 pm

The changes were implemented. In the manage module, there is a Batch Insurance feature designed to process huge checks like this.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

DrFrederick

Post by DrFrederick » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:56 am

Excellent, we'll look into it. I have to say, Open Dental's customer service has totally blown me away. I've never worked with such an attentive software company.

Thanks,
Dr. Frederick