OD isn't billing people with payment plans

For users or potential users.
afeuer

OD isn't billing people with payment plans

Post by afeuer » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:00 am

We just started using formal payment plans just over a month ago. We now have three payment plans that I know of. One of the payment plans is working properly and sends bills out each month. The other two are not automatically creating bills. I have tried playing with the dates. I also deleted and reapplied the payment plans multiple times. When I delete the payment plans, bills are generated for the patient, but when I recreate the payment plan they are no longer generated. I have checked all the settings and dates. The only difference between the patient who does get bill and the patients who don't is that the one who is getting bills has payments posted and the ones who don't have no payments posted.

Thanks,
-Adam

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: OD isn't billing people with payment plans

Post by jordansparks » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:04 am

What we do in a situation like this is to work with you to reproduce the problem. Write down the patient's name/id that's having the problem. Then call us. Show us why you think they should show on billing and show us that they do not come up on the billing list. Once it's been verified, our staff will probably escalate it to the programmers and to me. They will take a copy of your database and we will duplicate it on our end. If it's a bug, it will typically be fixed within a week. We also need to know exactly which version. If you are on a version older than 6.6, they will have you upgrade before doing much troubleshooting.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:40 pm

I find that OD does not bill the patients with payment plans until the payment due date has past....if you bill out at the beginning of the month and the payment is not due until lets say the 18th then it will not get billed out until 12 days past due....

We over ride it on individual statements by changing the end date in the statement window.
But this only works for us because we only have a few patients with payment plans.

Another option would be to set all your payment plans up to have their due dates just prior to your normal billing cycle....

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:23 pm

There is an option for setting the number of days in advance to bill for payment plans. If you only bill once a month, that number might be 29 or something similar. We encourange users to bill daily. Then, the number of days in advance can be smaller, like 5 or 10. Nobody likes to receive a bill that was due a few days ago. It's better if the bill is due 10 days in the future. That option is in the module setup window.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:53 am

We bill out once a month which works for us now because we are small....
Thanks for the info. I changed my date to 29 which should pretty much capture all of our payment plans once per month.