A notice to current users of the Anesthesia Module

For users or potential users.
wjstarck

A notice to current users of the Anesthesia Module

Post by wjstarck » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:38 am

Hello ODers-

For those of you using currently the anesthesia module in OD: I have been notified by Dr. Sparks that the OD team has changed the way that outside developers (such as myself) are able to modify the OD source code. In the end, it is a far superior model, as it keeps the main OD code much cleaner and allows Dr. Sparks and his team to focus their efforts on moving OD forward without having to waste valuable internal resources trying to debug code from outside developers that OD developers didn't write and thus may have to spend inordinate amounts of time and valuable in-house resources trying to troubleshoot, debug and ultimately support.

The new model will be one of plugins to the main OD code, much like web browsers such as FireFox currently utilize. I don't I have the full details yet, but suffice it to say that AFAIK versions of OD past 6.8 (currently in Beta) will have the Anesthesia module disabled until I am able to modify my code to work as a plugin to OD. So, if you absolutely rely on this feature you may want to hold off upgrading past 6.7 release until our plugin is done and tested. As usual with software development, I can't give you an exact time-frame as to when this will be done, but I will make by best effort to keep you updated on as things progress.
Last edited by wjstarck on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: A notice to current users of the Anesthesia Module

Post by jordansparks » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Fyi, the documentation is done, and the example posted.
http://www.open-dent.com/manual/plugins.html
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

wjstarck

Re: A notice to current users of the Anesthesia Module

Post by wjstarck » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Good, thanks...
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709