Time Clock

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Time Clock

Post by fishdrzig » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Is it possible to have the time clock figure time in 15min intervals, sort of like rounding off to the nearest quater hour? Much easier to read for the person doing payroll.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Time Clock

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:03 pm

I suppose you could add it as a feature request. But it might get you into legal trouble because rounding errors can lead to not paying staff for all the time they worked which is a big no no.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drawab

Post by drawab » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:42 am

While we are broaching the subject of time clocks - can I ask

I wanted to have my staff securely punch in their time - meaning it should preferably be password protected. The way I have setup my office is that each computer logs in under a unique username [I do not assign staff and assitants sepearate userID's] my primary reception computer is [Reception 1] and the second overflow workstation is Reception 2 - each operatory is then labelled as OP1 and onwards - this allows the workstation to remain logged in unless a doctors or admin needs to enter a particular feature with elevated security settings

How do I enable my staff / assistants to login in with their own private passwords into the Time Clock without logging out of Open Dental and reloging in. A cumbersome process specially when its close to arrival / home time. is it possible to setup OD in such a way so that they merely have to click their name enter a password - which would log them in / out and they system then awaits the next entry - somewhere in the setup menus I do recall seeing a checkbox indicating Securilyenabled Time Clock - what does that do as compared to having all employees listed letting the honor system prevail

I am sorry if im a little erratic, but if you need any clarification id try to explain better - BTW I have submitted this as a feature request, but thought id also ask here and the documentation regarding time clock security is not available

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:08 pm

While on the subject of Time Clock. It would be more user friendly if when a person enters their password to get into OD, a box pops up (like in MOGO) that asks if you want to clock in, Yes or No. When closing off the program the box also pops up asking if ready to clock out. Any thoughts?

drawab

Post by drawab » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:12 pm

fishdrzig wrote:It would be more user friendly if when a person enters their password to get into OD, a box pops up (like in MOGO) that asks if you want to clock in, Yes or No. When closing off the program the box also pops up asking if ready to clock out. Any thoughts?
That is one way to solve the issue, but mind you most dental offices have more employees then computer stations, quite a few have supporting staff etc etc which are not necessarily computer enabled desk jobs. What I figured was in the MANAGE console when an employee clicks on his/her name it prompts a password dialog / entering the correct password he/she can log-in or log-out.

Logging out of OD and logging back in would then be a repetitive and a slow process for each employee trying to clock in at 8am / or clock out in the evening. so how about limiting the employee password entry to only the time clock area in the

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:38 pm

That is a good idea that I don't see a request for. So I added it. #980.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com