Is there a query for Ins. plan benefits for procedures?

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Is there a query for Ins. plan benefits for procedures?

Post by Rickliftig » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:37 pm

We've been entering in our EOBs carefully for the last six months and so I know that OD has tracked these #'s. A couple of questions:

1) when we generate an estimate now, are the tracked amounts then used in creating the estimate?
2) Is there a report to show what each plan is paying per procedure?
3) I know that there was some banter about an insurance blue book... I assume this is what I am talking about... how would I query/access these numbers/pages for our use?
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Is there a query for Ins. plan benefits for procedures?

Post by jordansparks » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:30 am

1. Sort of. Not unless you have attached an allowed fee schedule to the plan. And in this case, the number from the EOB would flow into the TP at the time you enter it. So there would just be one number. It's not going to look at the entire history and make any sort of intelligent decision based on that history. Just look in the allowed fee sched to see what it's doing. You can automate the generation and attachment of allowed fee schedules to your ins plans by going to Modules, Setup. In the Family module section, check the box for "Automatically generate allowed fee schedules for category percentage plans. Also, you can manage all your fee schedules much more easily than in the past. In Setup, Fee Schedules, see the new enhanced tool button at the bottom to review and stay on top of all your allowed fee schedules.
2. See #1.
3. See #1. Yes, the "blue book" feature is complete.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:12 pm

I think I get it. Looking in the list of fee schedules... there are many multiples (listed with insurance company only) - of course these are generated by each employer-based plan. But I'm still wondering how I would see the info as to what was allowed, historically ofr X employer in Y plan?

Thanks in advance.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:34 am

Not exact multiples, I hope. No two auto-generated fee schedules should be identical. It's based on the carrier, not the carrier/employer combo.

You are indeed asking for a query since we have not built a tool into the program that specifically does that. There would be some joining of tables.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com