Quick Buttons in 5.0

For users or potential users.
jkeele

Quick Buttons in 5.0

Post by jkeele » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:43 am

How are the quick buttons in the chart module for 5.0 customized with procedure codes? It looks like it is hard coded in the source code.

Also, I noticed in the appointment module that after changing the length of the appointment by dragging, that the original length of time of the appointment remains the same until the program is restarted.

thanks
James
Regards from Switzerland

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Yes, they're hard coded. Dr Fuchs added that feature. We always try not to hard code things, but we also try to let users like Dr Fuchs add features. It turns out that his addition has proven to be quite popular in the US. I did at least recently add a check for whether the procedure code exists, and to prevent button usage if it does not. But I think those buttons should not even be showing for foreign countries because it's too confusing. Until we can hide them, I would say to just try to ignore them.

The appointment length issue sounds like a bug that was fixed in version 5.0.14. You're talking about in the appointment bubble, right?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

tdong

Post by tdong » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:40 pm

i also hard code the canadian code for those button on my version I will work on a custom setting pretty soon but need to read more about OD requirement on coding. currently still busy with day job because of the subprime market in the US my company is like a mess.

I was think of creating a new table and user can can assign procedure to those button. and will load those procedure code up either when the form load or on click