Looking at chart graphic by date

For users or potential users.
hazmat

Looking at chart graphic by date

Post by hazmat » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:23 am

Pedo practice here. Is there a way to look at the way the odontogram looked on a certain date. For example, what teeth were present when a child was six years old (several years later).
Thanks

hazmat

Re: Looking at chart graphic by date

Post by hazmat » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:42 am

I'll take the silence as an indicator that it is not possible to do this yet. How about another closely related question. Is it possible to search for treatment done on a tooth that is not present anymore using the 'show' tab in the chart? For example, all work that has been done on tooth #A that was eventually extracted and replaced by #4?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 am

To see it as of a certain date, you would have to regularly archive snapshots of the graphic chart. So, no, not without some extra work.

I guess you have found a weekness in the show by selected teeth feature. Nobody has ever pointed that out before. It wouldn't be too hard to program that in if it became a popular feature request.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:38 am

would be good for every patient to see txment through time. great idea, even cool if you cood view it in a mini movie kinda like invisalign clincheck

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:48 am

I'd love to vote for that feature too, but my points are spent. Send us some TARP points Jordan!

Actually, I've discussed this before, but as the number of feature requests has blossomed, most of the early voters have run out of points. I think it would work out if at regular intervals, more points were allocated, which would then be spent on the newer features.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

murmsk

Post by murmsk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:15 pm

request #211 "save a copy of the chart to the image module"
steve