Box under the chart

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Box under the chart

Post by fishdrzig » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:08 am

Is the box under the chart part of the audit trail? What I mean is if I add some notes there and remove them, add others and remove them, is it tracked somewhere? I like to add some personal information about patients there, some nice, some not so nice....... Thanks

Debbie OD Support

Re: Box under the chart

Post by Debbie OD Support » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:18 am

The information in that box does not get saved. It is not appart of the audit trail.
Debbie
Open Dental Support
971-239-1150
service@opendent.com

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:40 pm

fishdrzig-

In our office, we try to be very careful about what sensitive information is placed on the computer or in the chart. No 'grapahic' comments are allowed, ie "the patient is a PITA", but "softened" comments are, such as, "the patient finds her prophy's are stressful (ask me)". Everyone gets the gist of it anyway - ask me means the patient is a PITA!. Sensitive info is placed on post-it notes and they are destroyed (we are still using charts for some storage).

You never know who is looking at the record and we have noticed that most patients are very curious about what is on the screen - what happens if the hygienist steps out to develop a film or the like and the patient sneaks a peek?

Compliments, upcoming weddings, relationships, foibles, etc. are place in the service notes box and again, are sanitized. Also, see the thread about privacy filters. I think they are well worth the investment and as I mentioned are inexpensive on Ebay - you may just have to wait for the right size to appear on the listings.

I believe at one course, the lecturer mentioned, "What would you do, if you saw the office had labeled you as a PITA?" - Good point. You may also remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine's reputation has been communicated to every Dr.'s office in NYC and no one will deal with her (I like that - maybe a feature request for Jordan?)
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Yorek

Post by Yorek » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:11 am

I sometimes find the font size and text boxes a bit small.
And the need for scrolling to see all the notes limiting
(sometimes PITA...just kidding!)
Can this be adjusted?

We had an old program with many weak points.
But it had some nice 'ease of use' features.

One which in particlular
It could enlarge any "text box" to about the size of a medium pop up window
by double clicking anywhere in it or hitting 'F2'.

It made entering and editing text easier
(something like a simple 'note pad')
and we could see most of our notes at one time without having to scroll.
Just easier to grasp what was actually going on.

Is this possible with OD?

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:46 pm

I had put that in as a feature request, but my votes are all used up. Think of how handy the 'mouseover' is on the daily schedule. I agree - that box is a valuable piece of screen real estate and needs to be utilized well.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net