Bridge left after teeth are extracted

For users or potential users.
afeuer

Bridge left after teeth are extracted

Post by afeuer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:42 pm

A bridge was done a few years ago on 4 posterior teeth. They were recently extracted and now the bridge still appears. I can't find anyway to remove the crowns graphics from the chart. There must be someway to do this even if it's a manual override setting of some sort.

Thanks for your help,
Adam

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Bridge left after teeth are extracted

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:49 am

Unfortunately, hiding obsolete graphics is one non-critical feature that we have been putting off until we get enough demand for it. The feature request you could vote for is called:
"Hide graphics" check box in procedure edit.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

afeuer

Post by afeuer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:42 am

Thanks for your response. I think that a hide graphics option would be only a so-so workaround (unless there was a check box in each procedure). The next step is to place implants, abutments, and crowns. If we hide the graphics then it will hide our planned work and newly completed work. I'm not sure what kind of work it would be to make the bridge graphics smarter, but I do think that would be a superior way to go.

Thanks,
-Adam

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 am

The hide graphics feature is a checkbox in each procedure. We used to have it a few years ago when the chart wasn't as advanced as it is today. If selected, it would hide the graphic for the bridge only. All other graphics that you add such as implants and such would show. Please vote for this feature if you are interested (feature number 182). Currently it only has one vote (mine) and if other people start to vote for it I would add more votes as soon as they become available to me.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

afeuer

Post by afeuer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:09 am

Having the option to not show graphics for each procedure would be a really powerful option. Its one of those things that you don't think about until you run into a situation where you need it.

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 am

I added a vote for it. Sounds like an important feature.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429