XDR has anyone tried it with OpenDental??

For users or potential users.
dand

XDR has anyone tried it with OpenDental??

Post by dand » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:52 pm

Has anyone had good luck with XDR and OpenDental. I am planning on installing it with my new digital pan and scanx.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:23 pm

works perfectly. (and xdr is a good imaging program.) feel free and ask if you have more specific questions.

hankwillisdds

Post by hankwillisdds » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:09 pm

XDR is seamless with OD. I've used Schick sensors and Apteryx software and XDR is far and away better!

cheroxy

Re:

Post by cheroxy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:32 pm

hankwillisdds wrote:XDR is seamless with OD. I've used Schick sensors and Apteryx software and XDR is far and away better!
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but can anyone give me some advise on Apeteryx vs XDR that has seen or used both?

sparkly

Re: XDR has anyone tried it with OpenDental??

Post by sparkly » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:43 pm

I've used Apretyx and XDR imaging programs with my digital. I prefer XDR only because i like the layout of the program better. Functionally, they're both fine. XDR also handles IOC very easily (no first-hand experience with Apteryx on this specific point). I can use almost any sensor i want with either of these (if one craps out in 2 years, i can get a newer technology sensor that's a different brand if i felt like it).
some people have said that their specific sensor works better with one vs the other (Apretyx or XDR) when they compared both side-by-side. XDR is 'optimized' to use the e2v type sensor they also sell.

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:52 pm

Thanks sparkly. I'm in contact with them to set me up w/ a trial version. The web based example they have was pretty sad IMHO so I'm glad to hear you like the actual program.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:17 pm

cheroxy wrote:Thanks sparkly. I'm in contact with them to set me up w/ a trial version. The web based example they have was pretty sad IMHO so I'm glad to hear you like the actual program.
of XDR?
it's really hard to tell from their website how things actually function. definitely use the demo. it has its layout quirks but i'm happy with my images and the manipulation/export features that i use a LOT.

spearfishdentist

Post by spearfishdentist » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:48 pm

I just switched the office to OD and struggled with the imaging solution for a while. Apteryx had the trial, which was functional but not really grabbing me. XDR's web example was really not a seller for me, but I called them anyways and within 45 mins they had uploaded a copy and did a live 30 min demo with me right there. On the surface it seems too simple to be strong, but it does everything I need and it does it fast! And, kudos for the programmers to give us a black background!!! No windows, it takes over the entire screen. So thumbs up from me. By that evening the support guys had remotely installed the full program on all 7 of my computers and we haven't had issues since. Only drawback I would say is the monthly fee . . . .~$45/mo. Hope that helps.

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:48 am

sparkly wrote:
cheroxy wrote:Thanks sparkly. I'm in contact with them to set me up w/ a trial version. The web based example they have was pretty sad IMHO so I'm glad to hear you like the actual program.
of XDR?
it's really hard to tell from their website how things actually function. definitely use the demo. it has its layout quirks but i'm happy with my images and the manipulation/export features that i use a LOT.
When I said web based I meant the example on their webpage, not the web trial install. I'll be doing that soon and see what I think.