Charting Conditions

For users or potential users.
atd

Charting Conditions

Post by atd » Thu May 28, 2009 7:08 am

The new Entry Status of "Condition" was added to version 6.5. Can someone explain how best to use this? Our providers have been asking for a way to chart caries, root tips, etc. independently from the treatment planned procedures. I'm just not sure how to set this up.

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Charting Conditions

Post by jordansparks » Fri May 29, 2009 7:00 am

Add some dummy procedure codes for the various conditions, especially for caries. But I wouldn't use it for root tips because there isn't a good graphic for it. I would still use the text box below the graphical chart for that. You could also add a few procedure buttons for your new conditions.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 am

I think i remember reading that Conditions will supercede Finished Tx, Existing Other Tx, and Treatment Planned Tx. Is this correct or am I forgetting to change a setting for Conditions? Is there a feature request to be able to choose how the layers show on the chart? If Conditions is used to chart caries and then the treatment plan shows a crown as the option to fix the caries, the Completed crown ends up sitting under the Condition (and the Treatment Plan crown also sits under the Condition).

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 am

Ver 6.5.24.0

I have noticed that the conditions show up on the regular chart but do not seem to show on the "BIG" view or the printed treatment plan.
Is this as planned or a bug?

THANKS.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 am

Really? That sounds like a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

cizcoa

Post by cizcoa » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:05 am

Hi:
I'm a new user and I also will like that the conditions where not over of all the others status. What I'm doing right now is using the dummy condition code with the color black overiding the status and posting it as "existing other provider".
Dr. Carlos A. Izcoa
Puerto Rico

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:26 pm

I think that the tooth status that should show is the most recent one. There is no way to predestine which one is the trump condition.
I might have placed a completed (MOD) in tooth #20 three years ago and now I want to watch the distal margin. The new watch should be the one that shows. I also could have placed a watch condition on a tooth and now want to fill it; the treatment plan condition should in this case.

The obvious answer is to use the most recent condition/treatment state as the one that shows. As it is right now I have to delete old states to get them off the chart when they trump the graphic.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:31 am

DavidWolf wrote:I think that the tooth status that should show is the most recent one. There is no way to predestine which one is the trump condition.
good point. that's a good idea.

Davo

Post by Davo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:58 pm

This may be slightly off subject, (let me know if you want me to create a separate thread). We have three sites and after creating several procedure buttons at one site we were wondering if there was any way to copy those buttons and icons to the other two databases or if it has to be done manually for each site?

Thanks,
David

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:06 am

Yes, that belongs on a separate thread, so I started one for you.

Back to the original topic. I've put it down as a bug.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Tracey

Post by Tracey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:02 am

Dr Sparks - Quick note - Once a patient has their charting done and a periodontal chart is established - how do we go about having a newly extracted tooth come up on the patients next periodontal charting. As of right now we can't seem to de-bug this problem. Is there a way yo do that?
Thanks Tracey :?:
Thanks;
TRACEY

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Use the skip teeth button at the lower right of the perio chart. On the very first perio charting for a patient, it automates that step for you. But after the first perio charting, you have to do it manually.
Jordan Sparks, DMD