Hi Doc Stark

For users or potential users.
roybloom

Hi Doc Stark

Post by roybloom » Wed May 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Did you get the ECG record to record from the device? I have a couple of Criticare and will get a Welch in the next couple of days. Friend of mine died and has some excess surgical supplies......need anything? By the way very nice cobalt blue on limestone!

roybloom

Re: Hi Doc Stark

Post by roybloom » Wed May 27, 2009 4:35 pm

Sorry Starck...

wjstarck

Re: Hi Doc Starck

Post by wjstarck » Thu May 28, 2009 3:54 am

EKG is a whole 'nother animal as they say ;)

I would definitely like to add the functionality of recording EKG history. I'm not certain at this juncture how the monitors output that data, so that will require some research.

The monitors we use here are Philips Suresign VM4s, which are ethernet ready and output BP, HR, SpO2, Temp and EtCO2 but not EKG (although it does have an integrated strip printer). It takes additional software/setup to be able to automatically import the vital sign data into OD (The software consists of a port listener, which listens on the network for HL7 data, and a schema engine which transfers the HL7 data to a mySQL database). That software cost about $750 when I bought it over a year ago. Before we had that working we would just print a strip with all the vitals on it, and a separate one of the EKG, and just scan them into OD. You could probably get a fairly small sized and inexpensive handheld USB scanner to do the same thing when you're at other dental offices.

PS: I know you're down in the Houston area, but if you make it up the the Metroplex sometime, give me a call!
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA