Unusual set up question

For users or potential users.
roybloom

Unusual set up question

Post by roybloom » Mon May 11, 2009 5:32 pm

I have tried to set up accounts by site using the public health portion...it did not seem to work well for me.

I am trying to setup accounts where each patient I see is assigned aother doctors office. This office is the guarantor. There are a lot of reasons for this. Some offices really struggle with cash flow and I like to give those offices a little time to pay me. Also, in all honesty some areas I go and provide services just do not have the same clientele as others and the fee schedule is different. Thus it is nice to have the fee schedule for that specific guarantor. Just makes life a little easier.

Is there a great way to do this with OD? Am I missing something in the public health section?

Thx

By the way the Logmein worked great today...I do have to scan my ECG and sedation record and then place that on the desktop and share as a file to transfer. That is a little tedious. Printing everything else works very well though.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Unusual set up question

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 12, 2009 6:59 am

The reason I suggested Sites was so that you could filter the patient select window better. But I suppose you could also do that in your arrangement by using the Guarantor checkbox in that window. I'm trying to remember if there was another reason I suggested sites. What else are you trying to do?

How many "families" are we talking about?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

roybloom

Post by roybloom » Tue May 12, 2009 11:09 am

jordansparks wrote:The reason I suggested Sites was so that you could filter the patient select window better. But I suppose you could also do that in your arrangement by using the Guarantor checkbox in that window. I'm trying to remember if there was another reason I suggested sites. What else are you trying to do?

How many "families" are we talking about?
Currently 18 "families"...will be 36 next year. There are hundreds of family members in each family. It was set up great in Quickbooks. Still, too many other shortcomings. I go to the office perform the service and bill the Dr. I track sedation meds by using the RX. It will print out in report and will even track meds wasted as a note. The ECG and Sedation record scan to images. Sure would like to find a way to make all members of the family have the same email. Still, not that big a deal.

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Tue May 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Roy-

An Anesthesia Module will soon be available in OD, and it's designed to automate a lot of what you are doing by hand right now. If you want a preview, go to Setup > Modules and click the 'Enable Anesthesia Module' all the way in the lower right hand corner of the window. Enabling the module will create an 'Anesthesia' button in the toolbar at the top of the Chart. Clicking on this will create a new anesthetic record for a patient. Anesthetic medications and Suppliers are entered under Setup > Anesthesia > Anesthetic Medication Inventory or Setup > Anesthesia > Suppliers. The anesthetic medication inventory system will keep track of what you have on hand and automatically deduct administered medications from inventory, so you always have the current count. It can even automatically import data from a networked vital sign monitor, albeit with some additional setup/software. (Please note: the current released version has some bugs, and therefore should not yet be used on a production system).

Have a look - I'd love to hear your feedback on it, and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have...
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

roybloom

Post by roybloom » Tue May 12, 2009 1:11 pm

wjstarck wrote:Roy-

An Anesthesia Module will soon be available in OD, and it's designed to automate a lot of what you are doing by hand right now. If you want a preview, go to Setup > Modules and click the 'Enable Anesthesia Module' all the way in the lower right hand corner of the window. Enabling the module will create an 'Anesthesia' button in the toolbar at the top of the Chart. Clicking on this will create a new anesthetic record for a patient. Anesthetic medications and Suppliers are entered under Setup > Anesthesia > Anesthetic Medication Inventory or Setup > Anesthesia > Suppliers. The anesthetic medication inventory system will keep track of what you have on hand and automatically deduct administered medications from inventory, so you always have the current count. It can even automatically import data from a networked vital sign monitor, albeit with some additional setup/software. (Please note: the current released version has some bugs, and therefore should not yet be used on a production system).

Have a look - I'd love to hear your feedback on it, and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have...
Far out!

I have the cable to connect the criticare monitor to a usb oulet on the laptop. Most offices I go to have a workstation in the op...guess I could save the printout to a file an then share it with logmein to my server.

I will play with the program this evening.

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Tue May 12, 2009 1:25 pm

What model Criticare monitor do you have?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

roybloom

Post by roybloom » Tue May 12, 2009 2:38 pm

wjstarck wrote:What model Criticare monitor do you have?
I have a couple...one is the scholar III I think the other is the model before that one...will be getting POET when replaced....think they may have discontinued those though...use bluetooth precordial scope instead of capnograpgh at this time.

Nice addition with the anesthesia record....just one more thing I do not have to scan. Are you going to make the monitors active? It appears so on the record. Very nice!