Payment Plans

For users or potential users.
drforlano

Payment Plans

Post by drforlano » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Often times we would spread the terms of a payment plan over the length of time a treatment plan would take. For example, a treatment plan for implant placement, abutment and crown for a single tooth might cost $3,000 and might take 6 months. So, we might offer a payment plan of $500 per month for 6 months.

Originally, we chose not to use OD Payment Plan for this because the balance of didn't show up in the acct module and it seemed like the account did not have an outstanding balance. We've been using paper forms for the past year or two.

Now, we would like to use OD for our Payment Plans.

Have things changed in OD in regards to Payment Plans?
Is it working well for most users?
Are statements confusing?

Your input is appreciated.

drtech

Re: Payment Plans

Post by drtech » Fri May 01, 2009 4:01 pm

statements are still confusing..but I am working on making it better soon here and will include it in the new version for everyone
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Wed May 13, 2009 1:06 pm

That would be great. When can we expect the changes?

drtech

Post by drtech » Wed May 13, 2009 5:36 pm

not sure, I am getting ready to move, so I don't know when I will get to it...sorry :p
David Fuchs

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri May 15, 2009 8:36 am

I have another issue as I look into this on viewing last payments. It is currently really difficult to look at the account and see when the last payment was made when they are attached to payment plans.

Suggestion:
Like the Line that shows when the payment plan is made, how about we have a line showing a payment was made in the regular account grid with a $0 change to the main balance, just showing in the note something like "Payment Applied to Payment Plan for $100" That way you can actually see what is going on with the account.
David Fuchs

Tracey

Post by Tracey » Sat May 16, 2009 6:17 am

the newest version 6.5 looks like its going to be great for these payment plans. However, the Balance column should maybe say: Balance due on payment plan and then show the reversal of the numbers in that column. What do you think?
Thanks;
TRACEY

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Our patients are still having confusion with the fact that the Family Aging and Estimated Balance doesn't show what is due with the payment plan.

Tracey

Post by Tracey » Tue May 19, 2009 12:24 pm

The problem I see with the new payment plans are: You must set the guarantor on the payment plan to the patient so that the payments are attached to the correct pt balance. I do agree however that the statements are confusing because they show a zero balance on the account except under the actual payment plan in the same text is a balance due of the payment plan. Maybe that could be in bold text.
Thanks;
TRACEY

Devin Brice

Post by Devin Brice » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 pm

Feature request #2315 will probably take care of this. I just pledged $700 toward it. Take a look.