What do you do with eclaims require attachments

For users or potential users.
brentwood

What do you do with eclaims require attachments

Post by brentwood » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:31 am

I just start using claimconnect for eclaims several days ago. I don't use NEA for attachments since the vlomue doesn't justify the monthly fee I have to pay. I am wondering how you submit the claims requiring attachments. Do you still submit them as eclaims and wait for them to tell you that you need to submit attachments? Or do you just send them through postal mail for those kinds of claims since you have to send in x-rays or perio charts anyway? I have claims for crowns submitted several days, and the status is still "received". If I keep waiting, then it defeats the purpose of using eclamis for faster processing.

sparkly

Re: What do you do with eclaims require attachments

Post by sparkly » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:03 am

you're shooting yourself in the foot by not including the documentation with the original claim if you know the ins co 'requires' it for porcessing. they can sit on the claim for 30 days and then tell you it's denied till the appropriate supporting info is received. then you mail it and wait another 2wks for it to get thru the mail and into their system. if you're lucky and they can match the documents with the original claim with no problem, and then you wait for the processing and payment.
save yourself all the trouble and just mail it correctly in the first place.

brentwood

Post by brentwood » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:27 am

Thanks for your response. I think I will not submit claims requiring attachments through eclaims from now on. Then, eclaims are not as convenient as I originally thought. I have to go through each claim to make sure that it does not require attachments before I submit it. I don't know why so many people like it so much.

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 am

In my general practice we usually send out a paper pre-estimate with the attached radiograph. Then when we actually do the procedure and make the claim we place the pre-estimate number in the proper box and send it electronically. I find that this is much easier than trying to send all the claims with paper. Delta Dental and BC/BS of MA do not require radiographs. They use a different system using benchmark data rather than peer review to process the claims. As long as your practice is within their benchmarks you get a free pass on attachments.

It may be different for different states and different types of practices.